Try not to do these things in these videos. Quick draw and shooting your leg.

rifleshooter474

Drop down in thread till you see the video of this guy quick drawing, and shooting himself in the leg.
Link Removed

Stupid is as stupid does. Rule number one NEVER put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shot.

The first time I watched that a while back I just laughed and laughed and laughed for hours. And then I couldn't help but watch it again and laugh some more. I think someone needs to teach this guy that, while it is important to be able to get to your gun in a REASONABLY fast amount of time, there is no sense in trying to be the fastest draw in the south. I have played around like that several times with my 1911, but since I always carry it cocked and locked, that's how I draw. That way I have to release the safety before I can shoot, ensuring the gun is well away from my body when I shoot. Plus, and this may just be the luxury of thin folks, I always make sure that even when my gun is holstered I would have to do some weird maneuvering to make it point at any part of my body. The gun should have never been aiming at his leg to begin with.

I can't laugh at stupid. We all know stupid cannot be fixed. Bet he does it again. Get your finger off of the trigger until you are READY to shoot. Good grief!

I've seen the video as well. From what I remember he said he had been shooting early with a Glock in a Lvl 2 holster with a thumb break. Then when he shot this video, he was shooting with like a Kimber in a Sepra with NO THUMB BREAK. Forgetting he had switched holsters, when he drew he went to actuate the thumb break he thought was there and ended up flipping off the safety instead. In addition, he was actuating the Serpa index release wrong, pushing it with the tip of his finger instead of laying his finger flat, so when he drew, his finger naturally landed on the trigger and the weapon discharged. I don't think he's stupid so much as just negligent. Not paying attention to what he's doing. If you can't even master fundamentals of gun safety you shouldn't be trying to film shooting instructional videos..that much was stupid. I think he said the .45 dropped in through his thigh, traveled all the way down his calf and came out by his ankle...sounds like fun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back