Truck Carry W/O LTCF

cmhbob

Sig fault.
I'm an Ohio resident, with my Ohio permit, but not a PA LTCF yet. It's going in the mail Tuesday 12/7. I may be making a trip to PA prior to getting it back.

If I'm in a pickup truck, or a minivan, what are my restrictions on carrying my weapon? Unloaded and cased? Cased and loaded? Glovebox and unloaded? How far away does the ammo have to be? Can the ammo stay in the magazine?

As long as it stays in the vehicle you're fine

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license
(a) Offense defined.--
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a [FN1] valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

I'm an Ohio resident, with my Ohio permit, but not a PA LTCF yet. It's going in the mail Tuesday 12/7. I may be making a trip to PA prior to getting it back.
If I'm in a pickup truck, or a minivan, what are my restrictions on carrying my weapon? Unloaded and cased? Cased and loaded? Glovebox and unloaded? How far away does the ammo have to be? Can the ammo stay in the magazine?

Pennsylvania does NOT Recognize your Ohio Permit.
Link Removed

You MAY NOT carry a firearm (handgun) on or about your person OR in a Motor Vehicle UNLESS it is unloaded and any ammo is in a SEPARATE Container.

PA Uniform Firearms Act

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back