Trial Set for Baltimore Cop Accused of Slitting Dog's Throat

Peggy Reist

Another bad cop story.
These stories are becoming quite common, too common. But in this case at least other cops are not standing behind him and that's refreshing.

Link Removed

I watched this story also on a couple YouTube links and can tell you that our concern that wacko cops are on the rise is legitimate.
1. The dog got loose from its yard through a defective gate, first time according to the owner, no prior police history with the dog existed.
2. A concerned lady saw the dog wandering, seemingly disoriented, thirsty, etc.. [typical lost animal demeanor] tried to approach and console it and got "nipped," not really bit - she showed the nip on camera, very minor.
3. The lady reported the dog not as a point of liability, but of concern so that the authorities could catch it and return to owner.
You know the rest - this 49 year old cop probably hadn't "killed" anything in a long time and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Another bad cop story.
These stories are becoming quite common, too common. But in this case at least other cops are not standing behind him and that's refreshing.

Link Removed

Just because that's so infuriating and depressing... a mental "palate cleanse:" Link Removed

Otherwise I'll spend the rest of the night wanting to slit that cop's throat.

Otherwise I'll spend the rest of the night wanting to slit that cop's throat.

Completely understandable.
The only good thing to come out of this is that his colleagues didn't stand by him. I hope it's a sign that maybe the good cops are starting to realize that standing by bad cops is making them all look bad. As it should.

Completely understandable.
The only good thing to come out of this is that his colleagues didn't stand by him. I hope it's a sign that maybe the good cops are starting to realize that standing by bad cops is making them all look bad. As it should.

Agreed.

I would like to know just what the "Special Operations Section" is?! Anyone care to venture a guess??

Vicious animals? Who knows? I just hope there's a lot of dog lovers on the jury. And he should have been fired, not just suspended. The fact that he did it can't be argued. And it didn't say why the other officer was also suspended.
I read an account today of another cop that shot a dog. His department paid $50,000 to the dog's owner after the law suit. The man is still a cop though.

These cops that do this sort of thing should be fired on the spot, fined and maybe do some jail time. What`s to keep them from doing this to a person when no one else is around and then claiming self defense ?.

Since this guy is on the street, maybe someone will mistake him for a stray and put him down in the name of public safety. Just sayin'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back