Travelling from Indiana to South Carolina

indyyy

I'm going to a family reunion on the first of October and will be driving in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina. What's the site that lists the gun laws in different states and any advice / info to offer on carrying ? Thanks!

Link Removed

SC does not recognize Indiana. So, you will not be able to CC here. If you can legally "own" a firearm, you can car carry as long as the firearm is carried in a "closed" compartment with an integral latch. (IE; glove box, console or safe.)

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf
Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry it loaded if contained in a closed Glove Box, Console,Trunk or a vehicle without a trunk in the Luggage Area in a container secured with fasteners. Their law is
very specific on the only locations where it can be carried.

Here's the link to SLED- (You can get more info on SC gun laws there) -Link Removed

If you have an Indiana CCP/CWP, it looks like you shouldn't have problems in the other states you mentioned.

-

There is a fantastic reference guide to all 50 states gun laws for $15 at mylegalheat.com. It also contains many other great bits of information such as airports, traveling, shipping, stopping power, etc. all written from the perspective of gun rights attorneys. They address the question of "should you inform the leo that you are armed when not required to?" from a legal stand point you've probably never heard. I highly recommend this book, and they also have a phone app that contains almost all the book info for only $0.99. They also stay updated unlike some. Well worth the $

well,:rolleyes: that sucks

Yeah, I know.
However, the people in SC are among the friendliest & warm folks you would ever care to meet. As long as you're not going to be out late at night bar hopping I wouldn't worry to much about carrying down here. I've been living here over 25yr and have been to every corner of the state, every big city and most of the small towns. You may get the occasional intoxicated pan-handler. But, they are usually harmless.

The main crime issue we have "anywhere" down here usually happens when people are out late drinking & partying. (Drunk tourists walking down town or on the beach late at night will attract the attention of criminals who may be looking for such things.)

The same SA rules apply here as anywhere when traveling-

Don't stop at rest areas.
Don't answer the motel door without knowing who it is.
Be careful if you're out partying late at night because somebody may be watching.​

If you are still worried, perhaps some of your family members will have a SC recognized CWP. That way you can just relax and enjoy yourself.

-

Not really worried - I'm not usually out late at night and stopped doing the bar scene long ago. For the most part people are friendly everywhere. Just sucks that all the states don't recognize other states licenses to carry / ccw's. I mean they know our fingerprints are on file with the PD. I'll either leave my guns at home or get one of those car safes.

I certainly would not recommend that anyone should break the law under any circumstances. However, before I made the decision to carry a concealed weapon, I prayed and carefully thought about it for some time. The only reason that I carry a weapon is for the protection of my family and myself in a life-threatening situation. I did apply for, and receive a concealed carry license from my home state of Indiana, which is valid in a number of other states. However, when I travel, regardless of where it may be, I carry my weapon with me. I am NEVER without it. If I should ever NEED to use it, for the purpose I stated, it won't matter much whether I was 'legally carrying' or not. I absolutely believe that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives me the RIGHT to bear arms to protect myself no matter where I am. I am not advocating that anyone else should do as I do, I'm merely stating the way I feel about it.

There is a fantastic reference guide to all 50 states gun laws for $15 at mylegalheat.com. It also contains many other great bits of information such as airports, traveling, shipping, stopping power, etc. all written from the perspective of gun rights attorneys. They address the question of "should you inform the leo that you are armed when not required to?" from a legal stand point you've probably never heard. I highly recommend this book, and they also have a phone app that contains almost all the book info for only $0.99. They also stay updated unlike some. Well worth the $
There is a FREE website, Handgunlaw.us that has all the info you need

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back