Traveling to Gatlinburg

dblj

Any advice pertaining to local laws there regarding concealed carry? I've been researching online but thought I would get input from the community here.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using USA Carry mobile app

http://mtas-notes.ips.utk.edu/public/municodesweb.nsf/5cde681dbdedc10f8525664000615fc4/f0b8bc785031999e852568db004f0f57/$FILE/11GAT.pdf

11-303.
Use of laser pointers.

It is unlawful for any person to focus, point or shine a laser beam directly or indirectly on another person or animal in such a manner as to harass, annoy, or injure said person or animal.

It's apparently illegal to point a laser pointer at an animal....

11-402.
Noise regulations.

(a) Blowing horns.

The sounding of any horn or signal device on any automobile, motorcycle, bus, streetcar, or vehicle while not in motion except as a danger signal if another vehicle is approaching, apparently out of control, or if in motion, only as a danger signal after or as brakes are being applied and deceleration of the vehicle is intended; the creation by means of any such signal device of any unreasonably loud or harsh sound; and the sounding of such device for an unnecessary and unreasonable period of time.

(c) Yelling, shouting, hooting, etc.

Yelling, shouting, hooting, whistling, or singing on the public streets, particularly between the hours of 11:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M., or at any time or place so as to annoy or disturb the quiet, comfort, or repose of any person in any hospital,dwelling, hotel, or other type of residence, or of any person more than fifty (50) feet away.

Be careful tooting your horn and singing on the street. It illegal to annoy someone by signing.

Seriously, though.... here is your weapons offense. I would get an Army or Navy pistol to carry around, if I were you - but only carry it in your hand, not in a holster:

http://mtas-notes.ips.utk.edu/public/municodesweb.nsf/5cde681dbdedc10f8525664000615fc4/f0b8bc785031999e852568db004f0f57/$FILE/11GAT.pdf

11-603. Weapons and firearms generally. It shall be unlawful for any
person to carry in any manner whatever, with the intent to go armed,
any razor,
dirk, knife, blackjack, brass knucks, pistol, revolver, or any other dangerous
weapon or instrument except the army or navy pistol which shall be carried
openly in the hand.
However, the foregoing prohibition shall not apply to
members of the United States Armed Forces carrying such weapons as are
prescribed by applicable regulations nor to any officer or policeman engaged in
his official duties, in the execution of process, or while searching for or engaged
in arresting persons suspected of having committed crimes. Furthermore, the
prohibition shall not apply to persons who may have been summoned by such
officer or policeman to assist in the discharge of his said duties, nor to any
conductor of any passenger or freight train of any steam railroad while he is on
duty. It shall also be unlawful for any unauthorized person to discharge a
firearm, firecracker, etc. within the municipality.

The officers of the Gatlinburg Police Department are hereby authorized
and allowed to discharge firearms at a municipally approved firing range within
the city limits of the City of Gatlinburg for the purpose of official training as a
part of their police department duties. This exception only applies to Gatlinburg
Police Department personnel and does not authorize anyone other than police
officers to discharge weapons within the city limits of the City of Gatlinburg.
(1976 Code, § 10-212)

Gatlinburg must be a very peaceful city....

It's apparently illegal to point a laser pointer at an animal....

Be careful tooting your horn and singing on the street. It illegal to annoy someone by signing.

You left out dragging a dead horse through the street on a Sunday. The rest of the week is ok but don't even think about doing it on a Sunday.

Seriously, though.... here is your weapons offense. I would get an Army or Navy pistol to carry around, if I were you - but only carry it in your hand, not in a holster:

Gatlinburg must be a very peaceful city....

It is. I live about 20 minutes from Gatlinburg. They have an indoor range there as well were the local police force do their qualifications. I have collected a lot of their range brass over the years for reloading.

I guess it's my fault for expecting legitimate answers here instead of the balcony of the Muppets show..

I guess it's my fault for expecting legitimate answers here instead of the balcony of the Muppets show..

Your legitimate answer is in post #3.... that is the actual city ordinance. Have a nice trip.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back