Traveling to GA for the weekend

jlamb

I'm traveling to GA (Alpharetta and Roswell) tomorrow for a friend's wedding and intend on bringing my handgun with me. I've been reading up on GA laws and I got to say they are hard to understand. While GA appears to be more gun-friendly on places you can carry compared to NC, the language in the law permitting it is headache inducing.

Basically looking for a straight-forward answer here. In the law where GFL is stated, does that include recognized resident permits from other states? I have an NC CHP now.

TIA

I'm traveling to GA (Alpharetta and Roswell) tomorrow for a friend's wedding and intend on bringing my handgun with me. I've been reading up on GA laws and I got to say they are hard to understand. While GA appears to be more gun-friendly on places you can carry compared to NC, the language in the law permitting it is headache inducing.

Basically looking for a straight-forward answer here. In the law where GFL is stated, does that include recognized resident permits from other states? I have an NC CHP now.

TIA

Glad to say that if you have a NC Carry permit - Georgia DOES recognize it and effectively gives you the same rights as a GWL holder.
As you noted we are a bit more gun friendly and there are a limited number of places that are OFF-Limits.

Link Removed

Government buildings, Courthouses, Jails & Prisons, Places of Worship,
State Mental Health facilities, Nuclear Power facilities and within 150' of a
polling location...

Bars are a special case and are OK - IF you have the owners permission
in advance.

Signs carry no legal weight here.. so a "No Guns Allowed" sign (expect as
noted above) do not stop you... BUT REMEMBER... if the owner asks you to leave... you must or you may be charged with Criminal Tresspass.

Great info BruceG, I've got a FLA NON RES which is recognized in Ga, but not totally familiar with all the Laws. Thanks for the info and the link!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back