Traveling to FL, AD USAF with unique question

gogriz91

Torch Wielding Villager
I've got a New Mexico drivers license, a Georgia GFL and will be in a vehicle with NM plates. I'm on active duty stationed in GA but don't carry any personal ID that has my GA address. Any recommendations on what to tell LE if I get pulled over to make things less painful?

I've got a New Mexico drivers license, a Georgia GFL and will be in a vehicle with NM plates. I'm on active duty stationed in GA but don't carry any personal ID that has my GA address. Any recommendations on what to tell LE if I get pulled over to make things less painful?
1st of all,
Don't get stopped...
2nd
In Florida, you don't have to tell LE anything about your gun.. If they ask, then don't lie.. You must have some Mail, or paycheck, or Orders or something with your GA address on it, bring it with you.. I would think that's all you should need..

Oh, By the way

oau8p1.jpg

Show your military ID card if there is any question as to why you are using a NM Drivers license/ car tags As for the Georgia Firearm license just state that you are on active duty in Georgia. Surly you have a meal card, weapons card or something. Maybe a base sticker on your car. Under federal law you are a resident of NM for tax, drivers license/ car tag purpose. And unless you are a jerk the cop will probably give you a warning.

I don't plan on getting stopped but then again, who does? Sometimes the posted speed plus 10 percent works and sometimes it doesn't. They've done away with base stickers and simply ID everyone coming on base now post 9-11. I'll likely just get a copy of my orders to GA and throw those in the glove compartment, thanks for the help.

First off, what is GFL? Military Man has the best advise IMHO but if you'd feel more comfortable with something showing your Georgia status, go to the local drivers license station and ask about a state ID card.

I seem to remember that Georgia can issue an ID card for work purposes to "transients" who have temporary arrangements in the state. Show them your duty assignment orders.

That way you have a card to carry and not your orders.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back