Traveling through various states between CT & SC.

ctwendel

ctwendel
I regularly travel from CT to SC and back. I have a CT resident permit, and NH & SC non-resident permits.
NY, NJ, DE, & MD do not reciprocate with these permits. Does anyone know if I can legally transit these states with my pistols (9mm & 380) if I keep them locked and away from access? Thanks

Is it just me or do people come on this site to ask inane questions that they themselves can look up? "Well your honor, I saw it on the Internet so I thought it was OK". Really?

NY: Drive straight through from CT to PA. DO NOT go near NYC. DO NOT carry the gun while driving through. Leave it unloaded and locked. NY is a "no notify" state. DO NOT voluntarily tell any LEO you have a gun unless specifically asked.
NJ: ???? Why drive through NJ to go to SC? I go through PA and skip NJ. NJ will not let you carry your gun (neither will PA without a permit). Lock-it in a case unloaded. NO HOLLOWPOINTS.
Even though you're driving through and fed law protects you, you MUST understand and follow the law in each state.

NJ: ???? Why drive through NJ to go to SC? I go through PA and skip NJ. NJ will not let you carry your gun (neither will PA without a permit). Lock-it in a case unloaded. NO HOLLOWPOINTS.
Even though you're driving through and fed law protects you, you MUST understand and follow the law in each state.

I'm pretty familiar with the FOPA regs for transport through states which do not honor my permits, but I must have missed the HOLLOWPOINT part. Is that only for NJ?

If you are coming down east coast, try coming thru Delaware in stead of MD. MD. does not recognize any CCW permit. You will still have a little bit of MD. To go thru but only for a short time. Take route 1 down to route 13 in Dover and follow that to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel in VA.

I'm pretty familiar with the FOPA regs for transport through states which do not honor my permits, but I must have missed the HOLLOWPOINT part. Is that only for NJ?

the looney toon isn't correct, again, as long as the hollow points are not loaded or in the same container or lock box with the weapon it is ok to possess them in NJ.

Just stick it in the trunk, unloaded and in a case under all the crap you carry. Do not put in in the spare tire well, but some place waaay back hidden. Just drive normally and try not to stoop except for gas and toilet. When you get out of the occupied states, you are home free. Oh yeah, if stopped do what they ask you to do but don't consent to a vehicle search. If you got illegal substances, better hope they don't have a dog.

If you are coming down east coast, try coming thru Delaware in stead of MD. MD. does not recognize any CCW permit. You will still have a little bit of MD. To go thru but only for a short time. Take route 1 down to route 13 in Dover and follow that to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel in VA.

I know that this is old but I just noticed that the poster is geographically challenged, there is no way to get from DEL to VA without passing through MD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back