Traveling concealed?

xd9.801

I will be traveling from utah to arizona soon. Ive checked and arizona honors my ccw but nevada does not. Ill have to pass through nevada to get to arizona. Does anyone have any info on this situation? And about traveling with a firearm? Its my first time so any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Look at handgunlaw.us and it will answer your questions. I always look at this before I travel and write things down for each state I pass through.

Passing through are the operative words! as long as you are PASSING through NV and you comply with the FOPA regs you should have no issues when travelling through the state.

Contact the Nevada Dept. of Safety https://dps.nv.gov/contact/Contact_Us/
They will give you their current laws. Some states like Texas will allow the loaded weapon in the car, it must be concealed (In glove-box, etc)
Arizona is a 2A state. If you can own it, you can carry it. Includes carrying concealed.

as long as you don't have it concealed on your person you're ok it can be on the front seat
also there is a good phone app for ccw you put in your permits and it has info on all the states
it's called ccw do a search it's free

Also check about open carry in Nevada. When traveling through Nevada to Kalifornia we simply open carried when stopping for gas and lunch. Now Kali was a different story.

Thanks guys. I called nevada DPS and was told if traveling through just keep the gun and ammo in a seperate location in the vehicle and your fine. Just a heads up for anyone else.

FYI - before I picked up an Arizona permit I called the Texas and New Mexico DPS for their current info. They allow you to carry it loaded if you keep it in the glove compartment.
I had them email me the information so I could print it out with the person's name. Just in case.

The best is to get the non-resident Az permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back