Travel & Transport

CWPSC1968

I live in S.C., my parents live in N.J.- I have a S.C. CWP and a Utah non-resident as well. Is it legal for me to enter N.J. as long as I have secured my weapon and ammo in seperate containers? I pull over in Delaware to a safe spot, unload my weapon, lock the weapon and ammo in seperate containers, so on and so forth. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

As long as your weapon is legal in jersey you sound about right. One thing is mag capacity-jersey limit is 15 so I'd be careful on that one.

Use exterme caution when here in jersey..keeping ammo and unloaded firearm locked in seperate containers is correct..
if you are driving a car they must be kept in the trunk...dont give the police any reason to stop you,ie speeding or tail lights..
dont leave your stuff in the trunk once you get to your folks house...only transport to and from a range is permitted...
a man from Colorado got busted here recently and is now spending the next 7 yrs as a ward of the state, instead of his new home in nj because he had rifles in his trunk while transporting during his move here..another guy visiting from Fla.got caught with a handgun recntly and is looking at 5yrs because he allowed the cop to search his vehicle without a warrant..owning guns in jersey is allowed by exception not by law.......common sense goes along way....

a man from Colorado got busted here recently and is now spending the next 7 yrs as a ward of the state, instead of his new home in nj because he had rifles in his trunk while transporting during his move here..another guy visiting from Fla.got caught with a handgun recntly and is looking at 5yrs because he allowed the cop to search his vehicle without a warrant..owning guns in jersey is allowed by exception not by law.......common sense goes along way....

Can you elaborate on the Colorado man he got busted for rifles in his trunk? Where they not cased or were they loaded? Lastly what part of Jersey was this? The FLA man, was this the same thing not cased?

Njsportsman-move to pa buddy. Even if your legal in nj cops will arrest you and let the judge decide-you may be in the right and may get off but at what cost? But like i have said in most other posts on this subject never let them know what you've got, don't let them search the trunk ect. Don't get pulled over in the first place if you do be polite and respectful. In jersey your 2a rights only exist in theory maybe not in court. Imagine this scenario - headed to range and or hunting everythings in trunk all locked up and BANG! you get rear ended trunks mangled open and there are the cops. Now what?

Can you elaborate on the Colorado man he got busted for rifles in his trunk? Where they not cased or were they loaded? Lastly what part of Jersey was this? The FLA man, was this the same thing not cased?
the details in the Co. mans case are sketchy.the media around here is also anti 2a...the main point is; during his trial the jury was only instructed on what was illegal ,when the jury asked what was allowed by exception..the judge refused to answer...I'll look for the case file.......Fla. guy came here for a visitation hearing and .the ex- wife of the guy told police" He Might have a gun" ..he made no threat to her at any time...it was just her way of getting even...I guess he thought he
did nothing wrong and was open and honest with the officier...he had it in a locked container unloaded in a side box on his motorcycle....perfectly legal.....if he gets a good lawyer he can beat the rap but will likely have a hard time getting his firearm back..... I asked a cop once,,how do you inform a cop during a mv stop you have a gun with you.... if they cant see it, "dont tell them"....if a cop asks if you have any weapons; say NO..a gun is not a weapon, its a firearm, unless used as a weapon..get it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back