Travel Info

DickB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi;
I have a Florida resident carry permit and non-resident permits in NH and ME. I will be driving to Boston where I have an appointment to complete my non-resident interview for that state. In looking at different NRA information it appears that I cannot or better put should not transport a handgun, even under the federal guidelines through NJ and NY. I have done so before but am unsure as I don't need the obvious problems.

Any advice from NJ & NY residents is wecomed.

Dick

Despite what NJ and NY feel, FOPA over rides their desires. Keep it packed away...and do everything within your power not to stop for any reason.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like it's the inland route or at the very least the Tappan Zee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi;
I have a Florida resident carry permit and non-resident permits in NH and ME. I will be driving to Boston where I have an appointment to complete my non-resident interview for that state. In looking at different NRA information it appears that I cannot or better put should not transport a handgun, even under the federal guidelines through NJ and NY. I have done so before but am unsure as I don't need the obvious problems.

Any advice from NJ & NY residents is wecomed.

Dick

If you have to bring your handgun through New York, hide it good and under any circumstances do not get stopped. iI they discover your handgun, your butt will be in jail and you will be sharing a cell with bubba.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back