Training

kycountryboy369

Could someogive me some simple conceal carry type drills to do?

Take a training class! There you learn when and how to properly draw your firearm, how to properly operate your firearm, how to shoot under various conditions, and what to do after a shooting.

There are many different drills for practicing what you have learned in a training class, including accuracy drills, speed shooting drills, moving-while-shooting drills, etc. Which drills you need depends on what you need to practice, i.e., what you are bad at. You typically learn those drills in the class.

Here is one:

I'm going to recommend training also. Heavy on use of force law for YOUR state. As for drills I'd keep it very simple.

Practice drawing and reholstering until it's second nature.

Practice reloading your firearm

Practice clearing malfunctions.

Practice drawing from concealment and firing accurately.

NONE of these need to be done as speed drills. Do them slowly until you're comfortable with them

As for training drills, here are just two sources for drills to show you the sheer amount of drills that are out there. First, there is Paul Howe's CSAT Standards. Then there is simply just a list of common shooting drills, including the Bill Drill, the El Presidente drill, the Hackathorn Standards, etc. As with all these drills, they are initially executed slow, correct (without violating firearms safety rules and with martial firearms handling) and accurate. Speed while maintaining correctness and accuracy comes with repetition. Beating the timer comes with experience. Rather shoot slow and hit your target, than to shoot fast and miss, or worse, hit yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back