Town of Bolton, CT Pistol Permit Turn Around Time

uscg1369

Hey everybody, Just wanted to add any information I could to potential pistol permit applicants applying in the town of Bolton.

Simply put along with everyone else, I paid all the fees, got my fingerprints done, and am waiting for the call that I have been approved.

My back round on the permit, I put in 5 or 6 previous residences, 2 jobs, and added my dd-214 as requested. I have an Honorable Discharge and have no criminal record. I have no idea if a lot of addresses or jobs prolong it, or if leaving them off could potentially cause complications, I was honest. I did find it humorous that in the 'medals' box on my dd-214 the first award was "Expert Pistol Medal", but with 6 years of carrying for the Military doesn't count for anything, same goes for CT state police or local, just weird in my opinion.

I applied Monday November 29th, 2012, but I am willing to bet that between outages from Hurricane Sandy and the Nor'Easter have pushed it back by a few days at least.

Prior to applying, I heard a friend of mine received his in 5-6 weeks, the selectman's secretary or sub-selectman or whatever she was said 3-5 weeks was average, but had a disclaimer to 8 or 12 weeks potentially.

I will post the exact number of days it takes to receive it. Anyone with other timelines or experience with the town of Bolton please leave your information here.

Good luck buddy. It took me 1 week to get mine just 2 town over in Willington. That was Nov. 2011. Ct has an odd way of issuing pistol permits. I got my out of state FL permit the same time as my CT & the whole process took about 2 months less that CT did.

Update on my waiting:

I received a call on Friday the 30th of November saying my permit was approved. The date on the approval was Wednesday the 28th, but they didn't tell me until two days later.

Today I went to DPS in Middletown and got my state permit with no problems.

Overall as far as waiting and the town of Bolton goes, I had it easy compared to anyone I've talked to whether or not it was a long wait or needing references. It took 5 weeks and either 3 or 5 days depending on how you look at it to be approved. The only reason I waited until today is because I was out of state until Sunday and was busy yesterday. Went straight to the range to break in my newly acquired gun. Good luck to everyone in their process.

You guys are lucky out there. They took a full 3 months to approve mine in the state. Should have moved to Bolton!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back