Too long of a wait on my CCL

davcommander

I live in Oklahoma. I applied for my CCL (finally) in December. At the time I filed, the OSBI site that reports on these things said that if I hadn't heard back in 90 days to contact them. So on day 88 I went back to the site to get the address to write (email) too. To my surprise, the site had changed its delay time. It now says that if I hadn't heard in 151 days to contact them. I understand that there are a lot of people out there that are trying to get their CCL and that is what is causing the delay. I would work for OSBI in the CCL department if they would hire me. That is part of the problem too. Too many apps and not enough workers to process them. I know the OSBI is working as hard as they can and are doing the best they can in the situation. That is here in OK. What are things like in your state? How long is it taking to get license apps processed?

Kansas did the same thing. When I applied, it said you would get it in 45 days or less, by law. Now it says 90 days. Apparently when they get backed up, they just change the laws.

I was thinking of moving to Oklahoma but now I'm thinking no. It took about three weeks here in Utah for my CCW permit to come in the mail. Renewals take about a week. Apparently Oklahoma has forgotten the meaning of "shall not be infringed."

I applied for my Kansas CCL last summer and it stated at that time 90 days. My approval was dated on day 89 and I received the letter with approval on day 90 as I live in Topeka.

Here in Arizona they are processing about 500 a week, resident and non resident applicants combined. They state it's a 3 month turn, but I've seen less, even in the last 6 months. If you want a permit from AZ contact me and I'll tell you how, and send a package to you for the cost of postage.

Where did you see the 151 day wait? I am still seeing on OSBI's site 90 days plus the 14 for Sheriff's office. I was told to contact them on day 115 if I have not heard anything. OSBI charged my card on Jan 18, waiting inpatiently!

I had my fingerprints taken on Jan 23 and rcvd cc permit 5 weeks later, in New York of all places. The law says that you have to be responded to in no longer than 6 mos. The county I live in makes it pretty easy as long as background is clean.

I applied last summer in Ohio, 3 days after I submitted my application, I was called back for my liscense and have carried every day since!

Washington (resident) CPL took my wife and I just 14 days. Just received my Oregon (non-resident) CWL - it took 7 days! Sheriff Palmer in Grant County is simply the best. Very professional (thank you, Sally) and fun. They limit non-resident applications to Wednesdays so you can always count on a few folks from other states engaging you in pro-gun conversation. :cool:

Here in NM. I received mine in 6 weeks, and my Wife is going on 12 weeks, because heer fingerprints are so hard to read that they had to send in the cards to the FBI. Still no word yet.

I live in Fl and applied the first week in October and recieved it the first week of February. I also applied for Arizona in November , and had it by January. About 50 days for Arizona.

Arizona , Florida, and Connecticut will all send to you a application at no charge. Someone here is trying to charge for something you can receive for free.

What are things like in your state? How long is it taking to get license apps processed?

30 days for a resident permit and 90 days for a non-resident permit is the maximum time allowed in Washington for a LEO agency to issue a license, unless they receive information that disqualifies the applicant. Even if the background check is not done, the license must be issued (by law), and then can be revoked if disqualifying information is later received.

But, hey, all these delays are required to make sure that criminals or the mentally ill aren't carrying guns, right? We wouldn't want that to happen.

Florida now has over 1 million CCW holders. Just about a year ago it took me all of the 90 days to get mine back. Be Patient, I know its hard!

Where did you see the 151 day wait? I am still seeing on OSBI's site 90 days plus the 14 for Sheriff's office. I was told to contact them on day 115 if I have not heard anything. OSBI charged my card on Jan 18, waiting inpatiently!

Runner, you are right, the 151 should have read 115. But, still, due to the large amount of applications and few staff members to process them has caused a long backlog. I understand OSBI is doing the best they can, it is still frustrating to think I will have it in hand in 90 days or less to now waiting 4 months.

Here in NM. I received mine in 6 weeks, and my Wife is going on 12 weeks, because heer fingerprints are so hard to read that they had to send in the cards to the FBI. Still no word yet.

My wife encountered the same issue. She had to have her prints redone. Something about the fact the fingertips were too smooth. So she will be having a longer wait then I will as she had a do over while mine went through the first time.

30 days for a resident permit and 90 days for a non-resident permit is the maximum time allowed in Washington for a LEO agency to issue a license, unless they receive information that disqualifies the applicant. Even if the background check is not done, the license must be issued (by law), and then can be revoked if disqualifying information is later received.

But, hey, all these delays are required to make sure that criminals or the mentally ill aren't carrying guns, right? We wouldn't want that to happen.

So CDR, As a non resident that will most likely never go to WA unless my son gets stationed there, what will it benefit me to have a non resident license? How do I go about getting one there?

Robert631....... If you are talking about me, I just want postage. If the State will send for free, then I say go to them and get it free!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back