TN CCW question.

SchindlerLotG

Hello, brand new to these forums, please bear with me if these questions have alreadybeen answered!

1. If I drink, in my home and have no intention to leave it, is it lawful for me to carry? the versions of TN law I have found so far seem a little unclear, perhaps i should consult an attorney?

2. Any recommendations for increase my wife's comfort level with me carrying? Currently she prefers that I carry unchambered, unless we are going to a not so nice part of town. I have tried to point out to her that criminals don't carry maps showing where it is approved for them to mug people, but the concept doesn't seem to have taken root yet. Any suggestions or good points to bring up?

Its your house do what you want. I don't carry in the house I have some hidden shotguns in strategic places. I prefer to be comfortable when I am home.

It is a fairly old opinion, but there is a AG Opinion that says being in your home is not a defense to 39-17-1321, posession of a handgun while intoxicated. Link Removed

As far as #2...good luck.

First... Welcome to the forum.
Answers as noted above... 1. Consult attorney and 2. Have wife watch video. - Gotta love it.

Seriously, I do carry my gun at home. I quit drinking. - Just a choice. If I am going to put everything I own on the line, including my freedom, I am going to do it sober.

Good luck with your wife. Carrying a round chambered... Hummmmm.... Wonder how she would feel about my 1911 in condition 1? Best bet is one were if she doesn't see it. (i.e. it is concealed) How does she know you do or don't have one in the chamber? The only times my pistol is unloaded is 1. When I'm cleaning it. 2. When I am waiting to compete. or 3. I just emptied the mag into a target.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back