This tell you anything?

Seeya

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans,
the United States is 4th from the Bottomfor Murders.
These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States.

This tell you anything?

PS: These cities are also run by DEMOCRATS!
Imagine that. I recieved it in e mail. Didn't check it out. I like it and sure looks believable.

To learn or deduce anything from these facts would require a modicum of logic. This would eliminate at least 90% of the liberals and at least 60% of those who claim to be conservative. In fact don't ever expect the facts to mentioned by the major media outlets.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.

Any bets the statistical probabilities of those in those cities that have committed those crimes? Ain't got nothing to do with poverty, it's got all to do with the culture. Again and again, it's proven their culture does not work, or at least is detrimental to a long life. The insanity continues......

I'm not saying that this info isn't correct, but where's your source? I don't want to just take your word for it. Also, It's misleading to say that New Orleans and Detroit have extra tough gun control when in fact they are both located in shall issue states.

What all four cities do have in common however, is that, except for Chicago, all have a majority of Black residents residing within them (and as for Chicago, the overwhelming majority of murders happens on the South Side, which is, you guessed it, majority Black). And what do Black voters nationwide support practically monolithically? GUN CONTROL!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.

Thanks for pointing this out. It should tell all of us, pro-gun and anti-gun alike, alot. But the antis don't care about the truth. They simply want to ban civilian gun ownership.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
If you are speaking of the actual homicide rate throughout the world, the U.S. is FAR from third! Something like 86th or so. Now if you're speaking of murder using firearms, you may be right. List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying that this info isn't correct, but where's your source? I don't want to just take your word for it. Also, It's misleading to say that New Orleans and Detroit have extra tough gun control when in fact they are both located in shall issue states.

What all four cities do have in common however, is that, except for Chicago, all have a majority of Black residents residing within them (and as for Chicago, the overwhelming majority of murders happens on the South Side, which is, you guessed it, majority Black). And what do Black voters nationwide support practically monolithically? GUN CONTROL!
New York City has tougher gun control than New Orleans and Detroit, which has the feel of the stats being cherry picked to fit the conclusion. I have no doubt whatsoever that gun control supports crime rather than lessening it. It has in fact been repeatedly proven. But I think we need to avoid the appearance of cherry picking statistics like the anti-gunners so love to do. I'm not saying that's what was done here, but you know how our opposition will seize upon any apparent impropriety, even if it isn't true. The truth means nothing to those people.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
I think some of the data used to arrive at the U.S. murder ranking is suspicious.
From "GUN Facts 4.1"
Myth: The United States has the highest violence rate because of lax gun control Fact: The top 10 countries for homicide doesn’t include the U.S. at all. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention, Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000).
And in violent crime contact, the U.S. ranks 13th, behind Switzerland, Sweden, France, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Poland, Finland, Canada, Scotland, England, Wales and Australia (Source:U.S. data Bureau of Justice Statistics, “Homicide trends in the United States”, September, 2004. Brazil data Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005).
Anyone who doesn't believe this need only watch world soccer. The fans in these countries kill each other.

I think some of the data used to arrive at the U.S. murder ranking is suspicious.
From "GUN Facts 4.1"
Myth: The United States has the highest violence rate because of lax gun control Fact: The top 10 countries for homicide doesn’t include the U.S. at all. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention, Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000).
And in violent crime contact, the U.S. ranks 13th, behind Switzerland, Sweden, France, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Poland, Finland, Canada, Scotland, England, Wales and Australia (Source:U.S. data Bureau of Justice Statistics, “Homicide trends in the United States”, September, 2004. Brazil data Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005).
Anyone who doesn't believe this need only watch world soccer. The fans in these countries kill each other.

The first statistic quoted is 14 years old. The second statistic is almost 10 years old. We must be careful that we are not as guilty of cherry picking statistics to prove our side as the anti-gun crowd does.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.

Please cite your sources. This would be excellent fodder in several conversations.

The first statistic quoted is 14 years old. The second statistic is almost 10 years old. We must be careful that we are not as guilty of cherry picking statistics to prove our side as the anti-gun crowd does.
Considering the violent crime rate in America has dropped significantly since the 1990's the data could only be better. Some studies are just that old. They haven't been repeated in 6 or 7 years. That's not cherry picking. It's the most recent data on the subject that we can find.

Considering the violent crime rate in America has dropped significantly since the 1990's the data could only be better. Some studies are just that old. They haven't been repeated in 6 or 7 years. That's not cherry picking. It's the most recent data on the subject that we can find.

And the anti-gun crowd will claim the drop in violent crime is due to stronger gun control laws in areas where they have been able to pass them....

And the anti-gun crowd will claim the drop in violent crime is due to stronger gun control laws in areas where they have been able to pass them....
Yup. Even though the areas with the most stringent gun control see the highest crime.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

THis shows recent collected data, although the way it is presented is a little clunky. The author considers individual cities in the US as 'nations' and compares our cities against the ranking of other nations. Even so some of our cities get some lousy ranking.

Gun Violence in U.S. Cities Compared to the Deadliest Nations in the World - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities

Yup. Even though the areas with the most stringent gun control see the highest crime.
But the anti's will just say that this means that even MORE gun control is needed. And the steeple will continue to believe them...

Chicago is not one of the top 5 murder rate cities, not even the top 25. They were actually 40th in 2011.

Proprigating this type of misinformation is merely using the same tactics that the anti libtards use, just making stuff up to fit your agenda.

Chicago is not one of the top 5 murder rate cities, not even the top 25. They were actually 40th in 2011.

Proprigating this type of misinformation is merely using the same tactics that the anti libtards use, just making stuff up to fit your agenda.
Actually it was around number 7 as far as major metropolitan cities go. But as always with statistics, it depends on how you look at the numbers.
FBI ? Table 6
You can see from the chart that there are varying ways to define a metropolitan area and varying ways to define the boundaries as well. I don't consider Fajardo, Puerto Rico to be a major metropolitan area, but it had the highest metropolitan area murder rate in 2011. I don't include it in my rankings though. I disregard places that I don't consider major metropolitan areas. And as always with crime statistics, there are variables that make the interpretation of them extremely difficult to do. That's why the FBI warns people not to use the crime statistics for ranking of cities.
FBI ? Caution Against Ranking
But I don't think it's a big secret that, no matter what numbers you see, Chicago is a pretty bad place when it comes to crime. And their gun control isn't working worth a crap either. Unless you're a criminal of course.

I think what it really tells us is that any statistic can be manipulated by any side of an argument to appear to support their side.

I have a reunion from the ship I was station on back in the mid to late seventies, USS Knox (FF-1052). This is being held in Chicago next month. I will not attend due to Illinois oppressive gun laws and the high crime rate in that area. It's really a shame that Illinois does not accept my 2 different State issued CWP's. Why anyone would visit that area is beyond me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back