This is what we deal with in MA!!!

zeebea

This is the response I got from this joke about the subject. He is actually proud of the fact that he is like he is.

Thank you for contacting me about expanded background checks for gun owners. It was good to hear from you.

Every American has a Second Amendment right to bear arms for the purposes of recreation and self-defense. However, I believe we must enact the proper protections to prevent assault weapons from hitting our streets and to keep firearms out of the wrong hands. The safety and security of Massachusetts' schools, streets and communities is of the utmost importance to me. Washington is lagging behind the rest of the country on gun control reforms. As a Senator, I will continue to fight for universal background checks, a strong assault weapons ban and a prohibition against high capacity ammunition magazines. It's time to get these military-style weapons off of our streets so that these deadly weapons don't fall into the wrong hands.

Since I arrived in the Senate in July, I've cosponsored a number of bills that I believe represent common-sense solutions that will make our country safer, including S.150, the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013," S. 22, the "Gun Show Background Check Act of 2013", and S. 54, the "Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of 2013." I've also become a co-sponsor of S. 1149, the "Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act," which bans plastic guns fabricated via 3D printers. That ban was reauthorized by Congress and signed in to law by President Obama on December 9, 2013. In March, I joined every member of the Massachusetts congressional delegation in pledging support for universal gun background checks as a common sense reform to help end gun violence.

I am a longstanding leader in efforts to reduce gun violence and I successfully fought for closure of a loophole that was enabling the importation into the United States of large quantities of Chinese assault weapons in the 1990s. As long as I am in the Senate, I will continue to fight for common-sense gun control reforms.

It is past time for a national debate on gun control, and it is vital that we find and enact solutions that will finally bring an end to this terrible trend in mass shootings. Please do not to hesitate to contact me about this or any other issue through my website, Link Removed. Also, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

Sincerely,

Edward J. Markey
United States Senator

Sounds like all my lib-o-rats here in MN. I believe all of them have their responses numbered. I really do not believe ANY of the lib-o-rats have ever had an original thought!!!!

You have my sympathy, both of you. That's one reason that I'm really not that big a supporter of term limits. We have some very good senators and representatives and I'd hate to elect someone that doesn't do as good a job for us.
They recently did a study here in Kansas because of the high number of new concealed carry permits. They wanted to know if there were a higher incidence of accidents or shootings because of it. As you might guess, there weren't.

Zeebea, we are truly in a state that is lost. It is hard to believe it all started here. Pretty pathetic. Left this state once, ready to do it again.

It's almost like a contest between states in the northeast to see who can bring the most pain to its citizens. NY-CT-RI-MA-NJ-just off the chart.

It's almost like a contest between states in the northeast to see who can bring the most pain to its citizens. NY-CT-RI-MA-NJ-just off the chart.

I agree but in order to soothe the pain I like to think, "Hey, at least MA is the best of the worst!"

We've got some of the toughest gun laws in the U.S. "lagging behind" the rest of the Country? yeah right. He's a super d bag. Hi hoggy. :)

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back