Thinking of getting the Ruger LCP - any reviews?

alderb

Hello all! Anyone have a Ruger LCP and can tell me if they are liking it? It looks good and is a great size, I just thought I'd get some opinions in addition to the other research I'm doing. Thanks!

I love mine I'm a 23 year old male can shoot a bigger gun like this, because it's...1)small
2)easy to conceal
3)actuate
4)easy to maintain

Cons the blue on the barrel sucks scratches so I sanded It off the barrel and extraction chamber ...

I have the LCR, and my daughter's fiance has the LCP. I am thinking of getting the LCP for my next gun. I like revolvers, but the LCP is flatter and lighter than its revolver equivalent. I have not shot the LCP yet, but Aaron has no complaints.

I have the LCP and have had it is my main carry weapon. It is NOT fun to shoot at all. It is a beast. I can only get about 50 rounds through it the range before my hand starts to hurt. However, most will tell you it is not a fun gun to shoot but a great conceal carry handgun for a short range confrontation.

If I had to do it all over again, I would not get the laser sight on it.

Oh yeah, I am a middle age female. Having small hands helps, too. I would see if you can rent one at a range prior to purchase. Just my $.00075 (takes got the rest). lol

Best wishes in your search!!! :)

Lcp

I have the LCP and i love it for cc. It doesnt print at all and still has plenty of power. You will probably want to get an extended finger grip as it is kinda hard to hold without. 30yr old male.

I have an LCP and am not too fond of it. My fingers are too long to get a grip on the thing. Plus, as mentioned before, it's NOT fun to shoot. Great for concealing, firepower, ease of carry, but it does have it's drawbacks. I ran 2 mags thru it and now want to see it go to a good home...
MR

I like as my summer weapon. Good little gun with decent accuracy. Though I perfer a larger cal. for self defence.

The LCP is a great carry option. It is my main CCW for warmer days because it's easy to conceal. It isn't difficult to shoot, but don't think your going to be able to line up the sights because they're almost non existent. I have a Crimson Trace laser on it to help with the accuracy should I ever need to use it. You can't go wrong with this gun if your hand isn't too big.

I love Rugers. I have their rifles and pistols and even more on my want-list. But the LCP is one I wish they hadn't produced. Look at the diamondback 380 or a p238. I have the latter but would be happy with the former.

Like has been said already and i have said before i love it for what it is. I carry it every day in my pocket because that is the only way i can carry in my work clothes. Great gun for the purpose and ok to shoot enough to stay good with it but deffinitly not a range go to gun. I would rather have an lcp in my pocket than no gun at all. Good luck on your choice.

LCP for summer and LC9 for winter. No problems with either one, they fire everything you put in them. I don't think they are hard on the hand.

Dig my LCP. I'm carrying it more and more as time goes by. I started with a full size 9mm, moved to a subcompact 40s&w, switched to the LC9, and then finally warmed up to the idea of a true carry gun. Days off I can easily carry the larger guns but the LCP is perfect for any situation. I don't mind the sights, trigger, or the recoil. She is tucked into my front right pocket as I type. The rest of my carry guns are hanging out in the safe.

Just picked one up at Bass Pro today. I love the size and snappy firepower these guns have. They really do have a temper when the trigger is pulled, even though it is a .380. I love mine. When I get my CCW permit, it will be with me at all times.

Pros: It's a tiny gun. Weighs not much and is easy to conceal.
Cons: It's a tiny gun. Doesn't hold much ammo, not much to hold on to when firing

I have one and love it for ease of concealment. I can just grab it and throw it in the pocket without much planning as to what to wear. I will echo the thought that it is not fun to shoot at the range though. Little thing hurts after awhile.

Love my Ruger .380. Easy to conceal, light, no printing, fits in purse, pockets. The recoil is a little rough. Good for self defense , as usually you would be in close quarters. When my arthritis is acting up in my fingers I go to my Ruger 38 special revolver. Heavier, but worth it. ;-)

I have one that I often carry in a front pocket in a small Blackhawk #1...pictured below.

The comments about the laser are valid. IMHO, a tiny, self-defense gun needs a laser like a hog needs a songbook.

The gun is pretty accurate. Just remember that it's not a range gun. It's designed to hit targets center-mass at about seven yards.

It's a little hard to grip, and many (like me) add a rubber grip as shown in the picture.

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back