Thinking about buying a LCP, but to be honest I don't know much about them.

65nowha

I have a G42 380 ,thinking about letting the wife carry it,I don't want another one.That's why i'm thinking about buying a LCP,to CC if I, buy one. My wife like's the weight and the way the G42 fits in her hand. I would like to read some opinions about the LCP pros and cons. Thanks

Secondhand info. but many (including professional reviewers) have described it as "snappy" and "not fun to shoot".
Many also describe it as a fantastic micro gun for "invisible carry" due to size and weight.

When I was looking for a micro, the salesman I worked with related info that mimiced what I had read.
I assumed a grain of truth might be present...

Try going to a gun store that sells them and also has a firing range. Try it before you buy it. Get comfortable with it.

I agree, go to a gun range that rents the Ruger LCP and try it out.

Just out of curiosity, why not buy a second Glock 42? There are some advantages of you and your wife having the same gun.

Try going to a gun store that sells them and also has a firing range. Try it before you buy it. Get comfortable with it.[/QUOTE

That make's sense SR9,i'll see if they sell them at the range I go to sometimes.I know they sell pistols but I don't know what kinds of pistols, because I always shoot my own when I go there.Thanks

I agree, go to a gun range that rents the Ruger LCP and try it out.

Just out of curiosity, why not buy a second Glock 42? There are some advantages of you and your wife having the same gun.

I own two Glocks,G17 & G42,if and when I buy another one it's going to be another Glock, 9x19mm or 45 compact.

I own two Glocks,G17 & G42,if and when I buy another one it's going to be another Glock, 9x19mm or 45 compact.

That doesn't really answer my question. Why do you want to switch from the Glock 42 to the Ruger LCP?

That doesn't really answer my question. Why do you want to switch from the Glock 42 to the Ruger LCP?

It's not like my wife is carrying all the time,it's there if she wants to carry,and I can CC it if i wanted to whenever I wanted too. I have 14 pistols of many calibers. I also have a Ruger 9E 9x19mm. Guess i just want a LCP to add to my collection,it's not a big deal to me.

The Ruger is smaller so it depends how your wife is going to carry the firearm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I carried the LCP for a few years until I bumped up to a 9mm. Do I think the 42 is better than the LCP most likely but I don't think that was the question. So I asked a simple question where is the wife going to carry and is she able to conceal easily.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bought my LCP for the size and the price.....and for another option for CC. The majority of my pistols are 9mm or 45 ACP and never really shot a .380 much. It's a reliable gun I think and never have had any misfires with it but I don't shoot it that well. It is tiny, and light weight. The first time I shot it I was actually surprised at how snappy it was. Nothing bad at all but since it's so small I just can't grip it well enough to be as accurate as I want to be. I like the pistol but I don't think I will ever carry it, maybe keep for a back up since I shoot my other pistols much better.

I changed my mind,i'll post what I buy when I pick it up. It's going to be a 380. until then y'all!:unsure:

My experience. I owned an LCP. Worked great for pocket carry and shot fairly accurate at close range but had a snap to it. One day, I shot a friend's G42 and found it more comfortable to shoot and much more accurate. The size was only slightly larger than the LCP. I immediately traded my LCP for a G42.....and regretted the decision. Not that I got a G42 but that I got rid of the LCP. Within a week, I bought another LCP. Reason? Though the G42 is only slightly larger than the LCP, it didn't fit my pocket (and retrieve) as well as the LCP. I found that each had a place in my carry routine (except I eventually traded the G42 for a G43). To answer your question regarding LCP Pros and Cons:

Pros: LCP fits pocket better and I can draw it from the pocket much easier. Very reliable. Makes a great back up gun (BUG) for my G19. LCP is a great gun to get someone off of you so you can retrieve your primary. In a pair of khakis, I can comfortably have my hand in my pocket and on the grip (while holstered in my DeSantis Nemesis) if someone shady approaches and no one has any idea.

Cons: Slide does not lock back on an empty magazine, a bit of snap/bite when I shoot it, a little less accurate than the G42 (at 10 feet, I group the LCP at about 4 inches, the G42, quarter-size group), the .380 round is a bit impotent compared to the 9mm (which is why I eventually traded the G42 for a G43).

In my opinion, the LCP is a great pocket gun for when that is all you can carry, or as a BUG when you are carrying something larger.

I have this thing about how I load my magazines if it's a 10 rounds Mag I only put 9 in the mag. Its like that with all my magazines.That's the way I loaded my M-16 rifle mag's in Nam,18 rounds in a 20 rounds magazine .My Bodyguard has two 6 rounds mag's I put five rounds in them each, and i'll put one round in chamber. That way the springs wont get weak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back