Thinkin' Ruger SR9C

ITSANSS

Would like to get a pistol to carry on my person. Got a Ruger SR9 right now with Viridian green laser sight and I totally love it, but it's a bit too big to comfortably (for me) use as a daily carry. Although, I do keep it in the car always.

I can fairly easily conceal the SR9, but I know I could do better with a smaller weapon. My grandpa got the SR9C after he saw my SR9 and I have held his, but not really examined it close enough to see how well it could be carried. I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and I've just about decided to get the SR9C for my carry weapon. I REALLY wanted to get the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan just 'cause it looks fricking amazing!!! But, I need to be realistic especially since the Alaskan is about $900 compared to the SR9C which is around $400.

As I said before, I love the Viridian laser sight, too! However, I don't see that Viridian offers a sight for the compact. I'm sold on the green laser sights versus the red. The Crimson Trace LG-449 Laserguard looks amazing and appears to be very sleek making it super concealable. Is this same sight or a similar one offered but in green for this pistol?

Thanks, ya'll!

Viridian

Would like to get a pistol to carry on my person. Got a Ruger SR9 right now with Viridian green laser sight and I totally love it, but it's a bit too big to comfortably (for me) use as a daily carry. Although, I do keep it in the car always.

I can fairly easily conceal the SR9, but I know I could do better with a smaller weapon. My grandpa got the SR9C after he saw my SR9 and I have held his, but not really examined it close enough to see how well it could be carried. I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and I've just about decided to get the SR9C for my carry weapon. I REALLY wanted to get the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan just 'cause it looks fricking amazing!!! But, I need to be realistic especially since the Alaskan is about $900 compared to the SR9C which is around $400.

As I said before, I love the Viridian laser sight, too! However, I don't see that Viridian offers a sight for the compact. I'm sold on the green laser sights versus the red. The Crimson Trace LG-449 Laserguard looks amazing and appears to be very sleek making it super concealable. Is this same sight or a similar one offered but in green for this pistol?

Thanks, ya'll!
The Viridian C5 or C5L is perfect for compact and sub compacts.

Cool. Somehow I overlooked the ones for the compact/subcompact weapons.

Now let me ask you this, is there a holster that will accommodate the SR9C with a laser sight with or without a light, too?

Thanks

Ruger SR9c

I have been carrying for a year and a half. I just not long ago bought a Ruger SR9C. I carry all my pistols 12 of them, in a Kholster holster. I have found for me that this is the only way to be comfortable carrying (11) hours a day. I have a Viridian green laser for compacts but after trying to holster it, I made the choice to leave in the box. I found it was just too hard to draw and holster it back. Just go to kholster.com and check it out. Hope this helps you.

I was at my local range yesterday and they had one of the new LC9's in the case, taking orders ($519). What a nice little 9mm. Would be perfect for CC. Can't wait for him to get some in (he hasn't gotten a firm date yet on when he will get his first shipment). Hopefully he will put one on his rental wall and I will give it a try. But it sure looks like a nice, very concealable 9mm. Just slightly larger than palm of hand and thin as the LCP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back