They pick us out don't they?

nraynes

I'm an owner of a CC permit in the sate of Maine. Here is the part some won't understand. I am 18 years old and only own an old .44 colt army black powder pistol (my father owns a few I burrow). I recently got a new job and a "kid" I know decided he didn't want me to have the job. Long story short this kid called the cops lying about how I threatened him and lied saying I had the gun in a school ect.
The case has been dropped but the cops still arrested me at my home days later even though this kid has a record and I don't. It just frustrates me.

Before any of you complain, I have grown up around guns, I respect them, and fallow all gun laws in Maine.
Plus I want to be a gunsmith.

What exactly would we complain about? If you lawfully own your pistol and have a permit to carry it and did nothing wrong then there is no cause or concern of complaints. As for the person who filed the police report against you and you did not break any laws I'd file a charge against that person for false arrest or something along those lines.

To hell with them, 18 year olds everyday pickup arms to defend our country. I know people in their 40's that shouldn't be around guns let alone own them. Long as your safe and responsible with it and obey the laws take it in stride and move on.

Physical age has nothing to do with it. Physical age is an extremely poor measure of responsibility. I say to heck with them too.

So, have you been cleared in this case? Is it done and over? If so you may want to consider charging the other guy w/ false reporting or possible getting a restraining order. The idea being to sho that you want nothing to do w/ this guy so that if he comes around you it's all on him

I hope that this doesn't cause you to lose your ccp. Some people are just out to cause as much trouble as they can. I hate that some knucklehead that doesn't have a clue,is doing this to you. I hope if anyone ever did something like this to me I wouldn't beat them within a inch of their worthless life. I consider the right to carry a privilege and high honor and can see how you feel. It is not as strict here in TN. as it is in Maine. Hope it works out the best for you.

Thanks, it is all done and over with, I have a protection order on him and I still have my CCW. Unfortunately that doesn't fix all the crap I have had to go through because of him.

Criminal action for false report of a crime. Civil action for slander (or libel, if written), malicious prosecution, false arrest, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress. Should make a good start at making an example of this miscreant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back