the truth about Islam

Skywarrior

USN retired
This man does not use a teleprompter!

This is freaky, a politician who answers a question honestly, without beating around the bush. Can you name one Muslim country that has freedom of speech?

Here is one of the new congressmen from Florida explaining, very definitively in just over a minute the truth about Islam. Please watch and forward.

Link Removed

I saw West on Hannity one night, just a couple of months ago, and was impressed. I made up my mind that if this guy ever runs for President, he gets my vote.

He presented things in a factual, concise, and non-religious manner, if I may call it that, showing that he has done his homework on the subject.

Ok Then I want all of you who agree with him to admit that you are poor Christians for if you read the bible you will see that it is ok for Christians to have slaves so why have we broken away from what the bible says is ok. What most Christian fail to realize is Muslims That follow their religious book to the letter are the ones that we are fighting and since Christians pick and chose what parts of the bible they will follow most of us who don't believe in it don't care cause they are not forcing their religion on us unlike the Muslims who follow the Qur'an to the letter. So before you go jumping on the band wagon with him on this read your bibles then think about what would happen if you followed the bible word for word. So since most Christians don't follow what the bible says why do you think all Muslims will follow what the Qur'an says?

Both of these religious books have things in them that we all can agree are bad and should not be followed.

OK let the angry replies fly at me.:frown:

Ok Then I want all of you who agree with him to admit that you are poor Christians for if you read the bible you will see that it is ok for Christians to have slaves so why have we broken away from what the bible says is ok.

Both of these religious books have things in them that we all can agree are bad and should not be followed.

OK let the angry replies fly at me.:frown:

Slavery? You have successfully taken the context out of the art and science if literary interpretation. Firearms could be banned in this country on the basis of your statement about "bad" things we can all supposedly agree on, which I don't. This is on the same level as Senator Boxer's "Common Sense" legislation. Be careful what you wish for...

Col. West was able to do what you are not able to do, and that was to keep religion out of the discussion. I thought you have would liked that. It was a fair statement backed up by historical facts.

The Bible, in my opinion, was not written to be taken literally. It is easily taken out of context and interpreted to reach whatever conclusion you wish. Thus the number of Christian Religions there are. The Koran is no different. If you disregard the New Testament and live literally by the Old Testament, there is not much difference for the Koran. Just my opinion.

Slavery? You have successfully taken the context out of the art and science if literary interpretation. Firearms could be banned in this country on the basis of your statement about "bad" things we can all supposedly agree on, which I don't. This is on the same level as Senator Boxer's "Common Sense" legislation. Be careful what you wish for...

Col. West was able to do what you are not able to do, and that was to keep religion out of the discussion. I thought you have would liked that. It was a fair statement backed up by historical facts.

Well historical facts are just that and Christians can not stand there and say that their religion has a better history then Muslims. They are both riddled with wars that did not need to happen if they were not following their religious books to the letter. The problem I have with what he said was read the Qur'an and then you will see why we have to fight them. I say the same can be said about the bible. Instead why not look at the people that are causing the problem and not the religion they practice.

Well historical facts are just that and Christians can not stand there and say that their religion has a better history then Muslims. They are both riddled with wars that did not need to happen if they were not following their religious books to the letter. The problem I have with what he said was read the Qur'an and then you will see why we have to fight them. I say the same can be said about the bible. Instead why not look at the people that are causing the problem and not the religion they practice.

I would like to agree with you, but if you heard Col. West correctly, he stated it's not about religion, it's about a "Theopolitical Belief system." The founding Fathers took much of the "Theo" out of ours, giving us what we have today, which is quite different from a Muslim "Theopolitical belief system." It's not about looking for reasons to "fight them" as you say, it is about understanding their moviations, and how the present motivations are not dissimilar from motivations in the past. All of the historical battles Col. West mentioned were defensive battles, not offensive ones. Aggressors tend not to fight defensive battles.

It is a logical fallacy to assume that one religion, or in this case a "Theopolitical belief system" is like another, or is as wrong as another, thereby assuming that neither has merit. I understand it's your right and opinion to say what you want, but to just throw out bizarre and out of context ideas does nothing to clarify things.

The problem is that people are not willing to admit to is that the people discussed here can not be separated from that theopolitical belief system like Americans can. Our country has made that separation possible, but you will find that does not occur in significance in other place in the world, especially Muslim countries. Their Constitution is their Quran. Believe it or not, we have something special here in America! Kind of like the specialness of the Byzantine Empire, but that was overrun by the Ottoman Turks for just that reason that people are afraid to talk about.

If you want to make it about religion or Christianity, go ahead. I truly think you are missing Col. West's point of the significance of Western Civilization, which includes much more than Christianity and religion.

I would like to agree with you, but if you heard Col. West correctly, he stated it's not about religion, it's about a "Theopolitical Belief system." The founding Fathers took much of the "Theo" out of ours, giving us what we have today, which is quite different from a Muslim "Theopolitical belief system." It's not about looking for reasons to "fight them" as you say, it is about understanding their moviations, and how the present motivations are not dissimilar from motivations in the past. All of the historical battles Col. West mentioned were defensive battles, not offensive ones. Aggressors tend not to fight defensive battles.

It is a logical fallacy to assume that one religion, or in this case a "Theopolitical belief system" is like another, or is as wrong as another, thereby assuming that neither has merit. I understand it's your right and opinion to say what you want, but to just throw out bizarre and out of context ideas does nothing to clarify things.

The problem is that people are not willing to admit to is that the people discussed here can not be separated from that theopolitical belief system like Americans can. Our country has made that separation possible, but you will find that does not occur in significance in other place in the world, especially Muslim countries. Their Constitution is their Quran. Believe it or not, we have something special here in America! Kind of like the specialness of the Byzantine Empire, but that was overrun by the Ottoman Turks for just that reason that people are afraid to talk about.

If you want to make it about religion or Christianity, go ahead. I truly think you are missing Col. West's point of the significance of Western Civilization, which includes much more than Christianity and religion.

Ok looking at it from your point of view I can see where I errored in making my judgment of Col. West's point. from what you pointed out he was talking about the theopolitical belief system the Muslim countries. But I still think the USA has a long way to go before we get back to what the founding fathers had set up for us.

Fyi

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which**is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are**apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce,**and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensual-ism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The**fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child,**a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a**great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralysis the social development**of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant**and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every**step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which**it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50 London )*

*Churchill saw it coming...............*

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back