The Rifles That Won World War II

yes! I bought 3 a few years ago. This guy is still doing it - I don't think this is where I got mine, but looks like a quality piece.

http://maxshepherdboltproducts.com/

[edit] actually, I just searched through my old emails and it IS where I got mine.

His look better than I was imagining.... I wouldn't need that for my carbine though, never gonna long range hunt with that one. Interesting, thanks for the link.

1927 Izzy Mosin Nagant hex receiver 91/30, 1944 Izzy Mosin Nagant M44, Springfield 1903A3. And anybody who says a MN can't make your arm sore is lying or never fired one.:big_boss: Got the M44 for $89 and the 91/30 for $129. Both in good condition.

When i first brought mine to the range, I came back with a huge brown stain on my shirt and a sore shoulder. When I took a shower, I discovered a grapefruit sized bruise. Took me a week to get comfortable enough to shoot it again. Now it barely phases me.

Couple points responding to your trollish remark:

"What they are" is the best battle rifle issued and used during WWII. A marvel of invention and development. The main rifle used by Americans to bring down totalitarian regimes that threatened to plunge the entire world into repression and horrors unspeakable.

But other than that, meh, who cares?

And, as for them being "too expensive."

You are obviously ignorant of the Civilian Marksmanship Program and the fine Garands they sell for around $650. Link Removed

Your comment is, well, I'm trying to think of the right word for it: stupid? Yes, that'll do.

:)

Little bit over the top don't you think?

I have 2 out of the 3.

I have an M1 that was originally an Italian .308 that was shipped back to Springfield to be made back into the original. The stock is in great condition with little sign of hard use, it's got that trade mark 1" addition to bring it back to original length. It's got a 1945 barrel and reciever, serial # dates it March of '45... Still has pretty good rifling and shoots true, I added the GarandGear gas plug that works great... awesome firearm!

I have a Chinese T53 dated 1954, I tried to track the serial # as best I could and the guy I picked it up from said it was a Vietnam bring back... so that's pretty cool. It cleaned up nice, though it shows its use. It fires like a dream and shoots true to aim... a great rifle! I've actually wanted another, probably the 91/30... I'd like to find one with a turn-down bolt but if not, whatever. I love anything Soviet, firearms related that is... Mosins are no exception.

I don't own an SMLE... I'll have to corect that :)

I fixed that, more or less...:dance3:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...n/34092-enfield-no-4-mk-1-299-local-shop.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back