CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

The Origins Of Christian Pacifism by Gabe Suarez

I have always appreciated Gabe Suarez and his blogs. Never attended one of his classes, but if he teaches, like he writes in his emails, and articles, I'd like to do a little learning under him.

Gabe is a good guy, father and top notch instructor, been to several of his classes and all I can say is it was worth every penny and then some....

I too am a born-again Christian and believe it is our duty, moreso than our right, to defend ourselves, our family, and those who cannot defend themselves. I appreciate the article, Mr. Suarez, and HK4U for pointing it out to us. I do question the use of Luke 22:36 as instruction from Jesus to arm ourselves, however. But that is a discussion for another day.

They are both good articles but at time I felt that Gabe Suarez was grasping to justify his theories. I am not saying that they are wrong but there is not great strngth in his justifications. The article by Rev. Hammond is extremely good as does not try to justify his feelings as being absolute but rather based on his and others interpretations. I prefer the King James version of the Bible as I have to study and research the meanings of the scriptures to understand them. With some of the newer versions it is too easy to accept the translators version as fact rather than determining it yourself. It is too easy to take a single verse as having meaning without putting it in context of what it is about.

I think Rev. Hammond's article points out that we are not to sit idly by but to be active in defense of ourselves and others. No matter how weird it sounds I am not in favor of capital punishment but I do support the execution of certain people. You ask how can that be but I do not believe that killing someone for punishment is justified. However sometimes a killer or other prisoner may continue to inflcict harm on a family even from inside the jail. They may even be able to continue to arrange murders or other crimes. How many times have you heard about some prisoner continuing to cause problems for a family with their outside contacts, or through the court system with trivial lawsuits or similar. Until these people can be separated from society in a manner such as superman's phantom zone our only alternative is execution.

To give an example I had friend that was convicted of arranging the murder of my cousin and in jail. While in jail he arranged for his brother to have one of the withnesses in the trial killed and his brother is serving time for that right now. I knew another fellow that was serving a life sentence for killing a friend of mine and while in jail killed another person. I am not in favor of killing them for revenge but to separate them from society.

I think Rve. Hammond's article says that God expects us to protect ourselves but not be the agressor. With that thought think of how many wars have been fought over religion or at least was a major factor. In truth almost all of them.

Gabe's latest on force on force

in todays email

Email