The new wave of gun control finally arrives in Nevada - AB234

DarrellM5

Assemblyman William Horne, along with 5 primary sponsors and 6 co-sponsors, introduced AB234 Monday, March 11th, 2013. This bill seeks to require background checks on private sales, prohibit possession of metal-penetrating, tracer and incendiary ammuntion, and impose a $25 per gun tax and 2 cents per round ammo tax. Half of the taxes are to be used for treatment of the mentally ill and the other half to compensate victims of crime.

The primary sponsors are:
Assemblyman William Horne
Assemblyman Jason Frierson
Assemblywoman Lucy Flores
Assemblyman Andy Eisen
Senator Tick Segerblom
Senator Pat Spearman

The co-sponsors are:
Assemblywoman Irene Bustamante Adams
Assemblywoman Maggie Carlton
Assemblyman James Healey
Assemblywoman Peggy Pierce
Senator Kelvin Atkinson
Senator Ruben Kihuen

More information on this bill can be found at:

Link Removed

Please contact the people mentioned above as well as your Representatives about this matter.

Compensate victims of crimes? Explain that one in detail. And how does that work? Why would some hunter or marksman need to pay extra for the sins of others?

You guys are f'd by your proximity to California. 4 hours isn't far enough to keep those liberal azzholes from migrating to your state. It's like there trying to re-establish themselves on the other side of the fault line for when the big one comes. Stop them and let the whole f'in lot of them be gobbled up by the pacific. We can call it "The Great Liberal Shake Out".

Here's my response to Assemblyman Horne:

Dear Assemblyman Horne,

In the spirit of “never let a crisis go to waste” the liberal progressives in Washington D.C., and around the country, have decided to use the Newtown tragedy as a springboard to further their agenda by launching an all-out assault on the 2nd Amendment. I had hoped that the nonsense would fail to reach Nevada. It has come to my attention that you are drafting a bill to penalize law abiding gun owners with a $25 per gun sales tax and a 2 cents per round tax on ammunition. When did it become the responsibility of law abiding gun owners to pay for the treatment of the mentally ill or to help compensate the victims of criminals? It is wrong to punish a certain class of people for the crimes of a different class. Your bill also seeks to require background checks on private sales and prohibit metal penetrating, tracer or incendiary ammunition. That’s interesting seeing that these types of ammunition are not typically used in crimes.

Because the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear arms, the liberal plan is to chip away at that right from every possible angle; trying to regulate firearms out of existence. Your bill does absolutely nothing to reduce crime; it only seeks to undermine the 2nd Amendment. Criminals don’t buy firearms through legal channels so your new taxes will have no effect on them at all. Tracer and incendiary ammunition are expensive and only used for fun by gun enthusiasts; criminals use the cheapest ammo they can find. Prohibiting the purchase of metal-penetrating ammunition just decreases the odds of successfully defending oneself against a body armor wearing attacker.

To sum it all up – your bill will do nothing to reduce crime, will only penalize law-abiding citizens and will make it harder to defend ourselves from attack. Feinstein and Pelosi would be proud of you and that’s not a compliment. I hope you will give serious consideration to withdrawing this legislation.

Thank you for your time,

You guys are f'd by your proximity to California.

I completely agree. If you look at an election map Nevada is blue. If you look by country it's red except for the Vegas and Reno areas. They screwed up their state and now their moving East.

Here's my response to Assemblyman Horne:

Dear Assemblyman Horne,

In the spirit of “never let a crisis go to waste” the liberal progressives in Washington D.C., and around the country, have decided to use the Newtown tragedy as a springboard to further their agenda by launching an all-out assault on the 2nd Amendment. I had hoped that the nonsense would fail to reach Nevada. It has come to my attention that you are drafting a bill to penalize law abiding gun owners with a $25 per gun sales tax and a 2 cents per round tax on ammunition. When did it become the responsibility of law abiding gun owners to pay for the treatment of the mentally ill or to help compensate the victims of criminals? It is wrong to punish a certain class of people for the crimes of a different class. Your bill also seeks to require background checks on private sales and prohibit metal penetrating, tracer or incendiary ammunition. That’s interesting seeing that these types of ammunition are not typically used in crimes.

Because the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear arms, the liberal plan is to chip away at that right from every possible angle; trying to regulate firearms out of existence. Your bill does absolutely nothing to reduce crime; it only seeks to undermine the 2nd Amendment. Criminals don’t buy firearms through legal channels so your new taxes will have no effect on them at all. Tracer and incendiary ammunition are expensive and only used for fun by gun enthusiasts; criminals use the cheapest ammo they can find. Prohibiting the purchase of metal-penetrating ammunition just decreases the odds of successfully defending oneself against a body armor wearing attacker.

To sum it all up – your bill will do nothing to reduce crime, will only penalize law-abiding citizens and will make it harder to defend ourselves from attack. Feinstein and Pelosi would be proud of you and that’s not a compliment. I hope you will give serious consideration to withdrawing this legislation.

Thank you for your time,
it's a nice letter but it is an exercise in futility, he couldn't care less about your views, there is only two things pond scum politicos like him care about, in no partucular order they are:
1. fund raising and 2. getting reelected, preventing a politician for accomplishing either is the only way to stop their kind

Waste of time to contact anyone that would sponsor or support this type of crap. Just wondering who the hell goes by Tick?

The Senate passed the bill the other day. It now has to go to the Assembly. The news isn't giving any predictions about its passability there or whether the Gov will sign it or not. I don't think it has enough votes to override a veto.

Our local Sheriff here in Washoe County said that if the law does pass he won't enforce it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

AB-234 never made it out of the Asm Jud Cmte.

AB-234, Dead, April 13, 2013

• (Pursuant to Joint Standing Rule No. 14.3.1, no further action allowed.)

AB-234 never made it out of the Asm Jud Cmte.

AB-234, Dead, April 13, 2013

• (Pursuant to Joint Standing Rule No. 14.3.1, no further action allowed.)
So what was the point of the Senate passing it then? Probably just to waste time so they don't have to deal with things that actually are important.

But it's dead then, at least as far as this legislative session is concerned?

These politicians need to be voted out of office then prosecuted for violating their oath to up hold the constitution

I've always considered myself to be an "Independent" voter. However, after watching the idiots in this year's Assembly, if I ever vote for a Democrat again (for anything) I hope someone will shoot me.

I completely agree. If you look at an election map Nevada is blue. If you look by country it's red except for the Vegas and Reno areas. They screwed up their state and now their moving East.
They're doing this in every state. The big cities are turning liberal and they control the state vote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back