The Current State of the Assault Weapons Ban in Connecticut

mdkoh

There has been little in the news about the AR15 registration in Connecticut. I looked on line and found little information beyond mid 2014. I was curious if anyone could update us on what has been going on. Based on what I have read it appears that a stalemate has ensued except for a few who decided to register after the fact and now find themselves with confiscation letters. I did find this one amusing article which stated the biggest offenders were police officers.

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list - Call the Cops

I guess firing and rehiring was to big a strain on their budget. Any status information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
ct police officers do not have to register there assult weapons ontil they leave the force then i think they have 90 days.the article is wrong

d51018a2d6802e07bf92f4d5f81fe9aa.jpg

If assault weapons are banned in CT, then I guess that means this Wild Dog can't enter the state. Even without a gun I'm a living, breathing, assault weapon.

Don't have an update on this, and am NOT from or living in Connecticut.

I loved watching THIS guy's (John Cinque) bold take on the whole unconstitutional mess there though: Link Removed

Marbury v. Madison, 5 US 137: “The Constitution of these United States is the supreme law of the land. Any law that is repugnant to the Constitution is null and void of law.”

Murdock v. Penn., 319 US 105: “No state shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and attach a fee to it.”

Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham, 373 US 262: “If the state converts a liberty into a privilege, the citizen can engage in the right with impunity.”

300,000. I'm afraid, "enforcers" in CT have their work cut-out for them. Especially when pissed-off populace streams-in from all over the country.

To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem [good justice is broad jurisdiction], and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves." --

Thomas Jefferson to William C. Jarvis, 1820.

8e464451e8a70f03723de1e6b2b17260.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back