Thanks

bdlove

I wwould like to thank all the men and women in the US Military. My grandfather was in the army for 32 yrs. Wanted to share this picture of some of his medals. He has told me stories of why he was awarded some of them. I have tons of respect for our men and women in the service.

View attachment 565

Interesting board. Don’t know what he told you about his service, but I can tell you what I see there…

I see your Grandfather was a Warrant Officer — an expert with two weapons and a Marksman with two others. I also see a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit, a Bronze Star, a Meritorious Service Award, an Air Medal, several Army Commendation Awards, at least one Army Achievement Medal, and several others. I see he served in Vietnam, also receiving the Vietnam Civic Action Medal...bet that's an interesting story!

He was a Paratrooper and appears to have been qualified as an Aviator or aviation crew member.

He was assigned to the US Army’s 2nd Field Force (find out more about them Here). It seems he was also assigned to the Criminal Investigation Command (“CID”) . . . a group we used to refer to as “Super Spooks” when I was merely a “Spook” with the Army Security Agency in Berlin working with the NSA.

All in all, quite an interesting guy. Wish I’d had a chance to sit and chat with him.

Interesting board. Don’t know what he told you about his service, but I can tell you what I see there…

I see your Grandfather was a Warrant Officer — an expert with two weapons and a Marksman with two others. I also see a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit, a Bronze Star, a Meritorious Service Award, an Air Medal, several Army Commendation Awards, at least one Army Achievement Medal, and several others. I see he served in Vietnam, also receiving the Vietnam Civic Action Medal...bet that's an interesting story!

He was a Paratrooper and appears to have been qualified as an Aviator or aviation crew member.

He was assigned to the US Army’s 2nd Field Force (find out more about them Here). It seems he was also assigned to the Criminal Investigation Command (“CID”) . . . a group we used to refer to as “Super Spooks” when I was merely a “Spook” with the Army Security Agency in Berlin working with the NSA.

All in all, quite an interesting guy. Wish I’d had a chance to sit and chat with him.

You are exactly right. He retired as a CW4. He had his medals professionally hung in that box two years ago after my grandmother passed away. Until then they were all sittin in a suitcase in the attic. I am really glad he got them out and displayed them. Makes for an interesting conversation piece when we have visitors. i know some people have a hard time talkin about what went on while they were in service, and i can understand that. I am just thankful my grandfather talks with me about it because it really is interesting. We now have the military channel on satelite and he relates to about everything they show which is AWESOME!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back