Texas to Florida reciprocity--Military

1Quik46

Hello all. Im trying to obtain a CCL and have a few questions. Ill try to make this as simple as possible and I appreciate your help.

Im in the military currently stationed in New Mexico, so Im able to open carry. I recently received an assignment to Florida but they do not allow open carry so I will need to get a CCL.

My question is do I obtain a Texas CCL since I am a Texas resident? Or do I obtain a Florida Non-resident? Its unclear to me but I dont think Florida recognizes Texas CCL.

If I get a Texas CCL, since I am Military am I required to take a course or does my Military training suffice?

And finally, whats the easiest way to obtain a license in the situation Im in?

Again thanks for all the help and Im sure Ill have some more questions.

And yes Ive done research and searched this site, but still have these questions.

After looking a little more on different sites, it looks as though Texas and Florida are recipocity states.

Still curious on which would be the better CCL to get.

It would be better to get a TX Resident CCL. It would be recognized in more states than a FL Non-Resident CCL. But the decision is yours to make.

It would be better to get a TX Resident CCL. It would be recognized in more states than a FL Non-Resident CCL. But the decision is yours to make.

And it would still be illegal, in violation of 18 USC 922 (q)(2) to carry the firearm loaded within 1000' of a school in Florida. The only two states he would gain reciprocity with the TX CHL over the Florida license are Minnesota and Wisconsin. And he would lose New Hampshire which recognizes Florida but not Texas.

You'v come to the wrong place to get the right info. Go right to the horses' mouth to get it right. Here> Link Removed You'll find all you need to know. Btw, in TX it's a CHL (concealed handgun license) not a CCL.

I believe Florida recognizes Texas resident permits but not nonresident ones. Just remember that the CHL class for a Texas permit can only be taken in Texas...although therr are some different rules for military personnel.

Why not obtain both? The FL conceal carry permit (CWFL) does not differentiate between resident or non resident, they do not print an address on the permit. Being in the military you will be exempt from the required safety course, so it will just be a simple paperwork shuffle.

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back