Texas Man won’t be Prosecuted for Killing Cop in No-Knock Raid

Good decision by the grand jury. He won't even have to stand trial.

How many others read and re-read that first paragraph that said the police didn't even have a warrant? If this is the case, bye bye to the marijuana charges as well.

I scrolled to the bottom of the page and began opening links to other police shooting incidents, first one being 'Officer Casually Executes Barking Dog'. I expect there to be a citizen at some point who fires back after a cop fails to use restraint in a similar situation.

Have any of you ever tried to get a copy of your local PD's policies? What would one do to go about obtaining a local PDs policy manual to reign in this BS and at the same time work to end the legal shield of qualified immunity. Probably would take a petition and a vote.

I scrolled to the bottom of the page and began opening links to other police shooting incidents, first one being 'Officer Casually Executes Barking Dog'. I expect there to be a citizen at some point who fires back after a cop fails to use restraint in a similar situation.

Have any of you ever tried to get a copy of your local PD's policies? What would one do to go about obtaining a local PDs policy manual to reign in this BS and at the same time work to end the legal shield of qualified immunity. Probably would take a petition and a vote.

My assumption is that you would need a court order to get a copy. Let me explain my reasoning. If this manual contained tactics that the police would take in a variety of situations, could this information be quite useful to the criminally minded? The police do not want criminals knowing what their next move will be.

Even with me being in the Reserves, our firearms manual is signed out to us and we need to turn it in if we should ever leave or if it gets updated. This information is not supposed to go public.

While I don't advocate breaking laws about marijuana possession, this didn't have to happen.

If ever an incident should give pause, nationally, to the use of jack boot thug no knock entries, or entries where the occupants didn't hear officers at the door, for ridiculously minor offenses, this is it.

The homeowner was within his rights to use lethal force against an unknown assailant.

I'm amazed the rest of the illegal troops, after entering the residence, didn't mow the family down in a hail of bullets.

They must have known what they were doing was illegal?

One dead cop. This is what happens when a loose cannon and swat raids are turned loose on Americans. I feel for the family of the cop, if he has one, but he is responsible for his own death.

These incidents are going to become more common, with the murder of innocent people as a result.

With ya there nightmare. O dark thirty and you're kicking down my door. I guarantee there will be lots of lead flying. NOT anti cop just PRO protecting my castle and family.

Being anti cop is less and less of a choice for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I always tried to give cops the benefit of the doubt. But articles like this are becoming way too common. Not a day goes by that I don't see another one. The few news items I see where the cop goes above and beyond the call of duty are becoming extremely rare.
When the SHTF I'm pretty sure we can't count on these guys. I used to think we could. I'm still undecided on county sheriffs. But I'm starting to see more and more bad things about them too. Sad.

I always tried to give cops the benefit of the doubt. But articles like this are becoming way too common. Not a day goes by that I don't see another one. The few news items I see where the cop goes above and beyond the call of duty are becoming extremely rare.
When the SHTF I'm pretty sure we can't count on these guys. I used to think we could. I'm still undecided on county sheriffs. But I'm starting to see more and more bad things about them too. Sad.
We're on our own, Peggers. The SCOTUS said as much when they ruled law enforcement is under no duty to protect us.

I'm glad to see they are under no duty to forcibly enter homes without a warrant either. These testosterone crazed, jack boot thugs (rise of the warrior cop) can't wait to get into the fight. Bodies are going to hit the floor, and not all of them will be citizens. It's a shame. You'd think some fringe police officers have declared war on U.S. citizens.

I don't know how long it will be before these renegades wake-up the sleeping giant of U.S. citizens, but with all the abuses of government and police against we, the people, there is a dung-storm brewing on the horizon.

I hope I'm wrong...

...and the government has the audacity to call U.S. citizens terrorists?

I know there are good cops out there. Perhaps they should be reporting criminal behavior in their ranks to their superiors, instead of keeping their mouths shut?

I mean, our own CIC is above the law, so everyone else is following the leader? What-the-hell is going on here?

While I feel terrible for the dead officer and his family, I believe a no-knock raid was not in order here. Those should be reserved only for apprehending violent felons under certain circumstances. Hopefully, this unfortunate incident will cause some agencies to re-evaluate their procedures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back