Teenager Arrested for Shooting Dinosaur?

My daughter is a junior there and came home talking about it. This is how 'zero tolerance' policies evolve into kids being arrested for pop-tarts. This also happens when teachers have never had a life outside the classroom (k-12>college>job teaching) and have little concept of reality. At least Common Core is out, maybe common sense will start re-entering the system.

Didn't the EPA put Dinosaurs on their Endangered Species list ? I hope that kid gets the book thrown at him !

I hope you know this is sarcasm !

Most teachers today are brainwashed liberals living in a fantasy world. This quote from the kids lawyer, “This is a perfect example of ‘political correctness' that has exceeded the boundaries of common sense" couldn't be more true. I wonder if they have sanitized all the history books and removed all references from the major wars. Whats next, forbidding students from using pencils because they could look like a gun? I also noticed how quick the police were to cover their collective asses by releasing a statement saying the article was not why he was arrested. I wonder if this was before or after the lawyer became involved. My guess would be after. If it wasn't for the article they wouldn't have been there in the first place so it has a bearing on the lawsuit.

I do not favor frivolous lawsuits anymore than bogus charges that come from brainwashed teachers that need to up their Prozac medication but I hope this family sues and wins because I think they have a case. The cops should have known better and if not shame on them because it makes them look stupid and incompetent. This school, principle and teacher should become the laughing stock of SC and maybe a lawsuit will make them think twice in the future. Political correctness has now taken a major turn right into the twilight zone.

Most teachers today are brainwashed liberals living in a fantasy world...The cops should have known better and if not shame on them because it makes them look stupid and incompetent.
The 2 points above are telling. As to the first, I start back to college tomorrow to continue towards my Education degree. I think that having teachers who have life experience outside going from the learning side of the classroom to the teaching side is the start of the fix. We need more "Troops to Teachers" (check the program out if it applies to you) who want to teach kids HOW to think rather than WHAT to think.
-
As to the second point, I want to know what the cops were told. They have a resource officer at the school so maybe that was too convenient, being able to say "hey, lets get Bob to come in and take care of this". The same two cops rotate being there, so the administrators know them. The reason I say this is because they specified in the story that it was two separate "Facebook statuses". Taken out of context, the lone "status" says "I bought a gun to take care of business". I do not doubt that many kids that age are really ignorant, I was that age once, and have no concept of their actions having direct consequences.
-
The thing missing in this situation is a teacher that will show common sense and use this as a "teachable moment". Call the kid aside, let him know why he can't write what he did HOW he did, and make him rewrite it. I see more kids pushing the boundaries of these rules rather than this setting an example to keep the kids in line, just because of the absurdity of it.

It is well past time, for political correctness to be throw in the garbage, where it belongs!

You'd think we could just replace it with having good manners. Whatever happened to those? If everyone were polite, we wouldn't need anyone to be PC!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back