Teaching our children about gun safety.

opsspec1991

Teaching our children about gun safety.
By Jeff Gibbs
So a few months back I got slack for posting a video of my son loading a 30.06 magazine. Shortly thereafter I was also reported for a photo of my son holding an unloaded shotgun after a dove hunt. Well for those that question my parenting I have a story for you.
Last night my son, daughter, and another boy were at someone’s house. The kids were playing in a bedroom and I was nearby in the living room. I was in ears shot so I heard them rough housing and playing while I was doing my thing. Within a minute the kids got quiet and seconds later my son yelled "don’t touch it, it’s a real gun". So naturally I go in the room and see my 5 year old in between my daughter (2yoa), the other boy, and the walk-in closet. As soon as I entered the room he says "dad it’s a real gun" and gestures to the closet. Sure as sh!t he was right; leaning against the wall was a rifle.
So for those anti-gunners that refuse to teach your kids gun safety and show them both the benefits and dangers of firearms, you can kiss my a$$.
Kids are curious of the unknown. Expose them to potentially dangerous things while you are with them and can control it. One day you won’t be there and they won't know what to do or how to react.
I for one am proud of my children.

Amen brother, love the post. It shows just how deep the wussification of America has gone. In the good ol' days, the days of spartans, children taken at the age of 8 and trained to kill. We need to do that again. Children should be taken from their mother's right after leaving the womb, and gone through rigorous combat training. Training to rival that of special forces so that our children, our future, will be capable to truly make a difference in this world.

Great example of the difference between teaching a child gun safety rather than how to shoot. They are not the same thing, unfortunately so many out there do not recognize that.

Whether or not you agree with teaching a child how to shoot a gun, you should at least teach them gun safety so that they know how to be safe.

Children need to learn how to handle heavy weaponry. I remember during the Mall War, we had a number of new security officers. Most were eighteen with cheeks still round from baby fat. They all had very little, if any, experience with firearms and the enemy cut them down like tissue paper. I still remember the door to door notifications letting parents know their sons and daughters died with honor and distinction.

Amen brother, love the post. It shows just how deep the wussification of America has gone. In the good ol' days, the days of spartans, children taken at the age of 8 and trained to kill. We need to do that again. Children should be taken from their mother's right after leaving the womb, and gone through rigorous combat training. Training to rival that of special forces so that our children, our future, will be capable to truly make a difference in this world.

Link Removed

We have spent millions of dollars in our schools on DARE programs and Just Say No to drugs. I assume that it has been helpful, but not totally successful. At least there is an effort to educate and inform our children. I want the same consideration for guns and gun safety to be taught in our schools. Careful and accurate instruction would demystify the inaccurate iformation about guns and would serve to help them understand the second amendment and our right as citizens. I believe that in-school gun education would ensure that they would understand the responsibility of citizenship and firearms purposes and safety.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back