TCP vs. G42

Update: I was at the range today with the TCP and the latest upgrades.

The rubber stick-on grip overlays from Galloway for the TCP are awesome. Up until now, I used the Pachmayr Handgun Grip (basically a rubber tube around the grip). The overlays allow you to get a good purchase without making the grip itself thicker.

I also switched over to the heavier recoil spring from Galloway (12 lb vs. 9 lb factory spring). It does reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip as the slide is not banging that hard back. It did cycle all of my ammo (FMJ round nose, FMJ flat nose, Hornady Critical Defense, and Gold Dot). It was initially a pain to install as the spring was quite long and strong. It did need a few tens of rounds to break in to become lighter. I had no issues with taking it out and putting it back in after the shooting session for cleaning. (Galloway says it only works with their stainless steel guide rod, which I have as well.)

With these upgrades, followup shots were faster and more accurate. Note that the blue-ish color of the grip extension is from the camera. The grip extension and the trigger are both black.

The rubber stick-on grip overlays from Galloway for the TCP are awesome. Up until now, I used the Pachmayr Handgun Grip (basically a rubber tube around the grip). The overlays allow you to get a good purchase without making the grip itself thicker.

I also switched over to the heavier recoil spring from Galloway (12 lb vs. 9 lb factory spring). It does reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip as the slide is not banging that hard back. It did cycle all of my ammo (FMJ round nose, FMJ flat nose, Hornady Critical Defense, and Gold Dot). It was initially a pain to install as the spring was quite long and strong. It did need a few tens of rounds to break in to become lighter. I had no issues with taking it out and putting it back in after the shooting session for cleaning. (Galloway says it only works with their stainless steel guide rod, which I have as well.)

With these upgrades, followup shots were faster and more accurate. Note that the blue-ish color of the grip extension is from the camera. The grip extension and the trigger are both black.

Nice! I'll have to do that if/when I get that.

Here's a photo of mine. it did get to the point in a month of constant carrying that it was visually a different color.

Link Removed

Hey, uh.... jhodge.... You couldn't have picked a different background for the pic of the pistol? C'mon, man... save that for the online dating sites. :sarcastic:

Hey, uh.... jhodge.... You couldn't have picked a different background for the pic of the pistol? C'mon, man... save that for the online dating sites. :sarcastic:

:redface:

didnt notice that...for everyone's sake, i'll edit that.

EDIT: and the really bad thing is that was pic i sent to Galloway to ask about the discoloration :facepalm:

:redface:

didnt notice that...for everyone's sake, i'll edit that.

EDIT: and the really bad thing is that was pic i sent to Galloway to ask about the discoloration :facepalm:

Bah!!! I'm sure the guy who got it first was like :blink:.....

I've become a .380 junkie and in recent months purchased the Sig P238, Glock 42, Colt Mustang, and S&W Bodyguard. I'm currently coveting a TCP at the local trading post...
My experience with the Bodyguard is its difficult to aim well with that trigger - its the worst shooting of the four. I have read good reliability reviews on the TCP but also the problems. Seems about as simple as you can make a gun. The Sig P238 is a dream gun and dead on aim. The Glock 42 also has good aim but out of the box it was tossing brass into my face every round. As I've run through more rounds its now raining brass on top of my head instead. Just shoot it gangster style, rolled over to the right to send the brass away from my head. Cold Mustang has been problem free and dead on aim out of the box. Its my favorite. Go ahead, treat yourself. Buy them both.

I've become a .380 junkie and in recent months purchased the Sig P238, Glock 42, Colt Mustang, and S&W Bodyguard. I'm currently coveting a TCP at the local trading post...
My experience with the Bodyguard is its difficult to aim well with that trigger - its the worst shooting of the four. I have read good reliability reviews on the TCP but also the problems. Seems about as simple as you can make a gun. The Sig P238 is a dream gun and dead on aim. The Glock 42 also has good aim but out of the box it was tossing brass into my face every round. As I've run through more rounds its now raining brass on top of my head instead. Just shoot it gangster style, rolled over to the right to send the brass away from my head. Cold Mustang has been problem free and dead on aim out of the box. Its my favorite. Go ahead, treat yourself. Buy them both.

I'd love to buy them both! If I did that, though, I'd have issues with the whole buying food thing... lol

After this my next purchase will likely be a full-size .45 or something. Once I fill all the possible niches then I can start adding more!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Understand. I did weaken and yesterday bought the Taurus TCP 738 D series....hope to take it down, oil it up, and get it to the range this weekend... Was wondering at the "toy" trigger feel when I finally read the instructions that said dry firing was bad for it....okay...no more...

They are snappy little guys. My wife shot mine once and said.. No more!
I don't think they're too bad though. Just don't use cheap Tulammo and maybe polish the feed ramp and it'll work fine. Even with the ct laser , it's the lightest & easiest to conceal that I have.

They are snappy little guys. My wife shot mine once and said.. No more!
I don't think they're too bad though. Just don't use cheap Tulammo and maybe polish the feed ramp and it'll work fine. Even with the ct laser , it's the lightest & easiest to conceal that I have.

Ha... exactly what I said about the Bodyguard... though that was the trigger rather than the snappy-ness. The TCP was better than I expected in that respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back