Taurus 845 - Love it or Hate it?

Taurus 845 - Love it or Hate it?

• Great gun! Shoots straight, works flawlessly. I love it. A keeper.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Pretty good gun. Shoots well, probably keep it.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It's okay. Had some problems, may trade or sell.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't recommend it. Had problems right out of the box. Definitely selling it.

• Hate it. Another Taurus POS. Got rid of it already.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daugherty16

If you already own one of these new pistols, please answer the poll and post your comments about your experiences, positive or negative, about this model. I've got a line on a stainless version for under $ 400 but want to avoid buying a problem-plagued pistol, if that is what this amounts to.

THANKS!

I currently own and shoot four(4) Taurus pistols; the aforementioned 845, a 738, 709 slim (my carry fav.) and a PT145. Since ammo is hard to acquire in the larger calibers sometimes, I've been shooting basically whatever I can get my hands on. I haven't experienced any problems with either one of the four. I used to own an S&W M&P Compact .45, and I don't know if it was the ammo I was using or the gun, but out of 50 rd box I was sure to get at least two or three ejector malfunctions. My PT145 took it's place:pleasantry:

I own the 809 and it is a great gun.... I purchased it because of the round capacity.... It is a very accurate gun even at 25 yds... I blew about a 3 inch hole in my target with about 50rds at this distance... I love the ambidextrous controls.... i also love the decocker and safety capabilities.... one thing that really moved me to buy it was the locking mechanism on the handle for when i store it.... I also shot 200rds of monarch brass with it right out of the box... I figured this would tell me if it was goin to by reliable.... and it handle the task flawlessly....one more point about the taurus pistols i think that the 800 series 24/7 series and the millenium series all accept the same magazines.... so if you were to purchase a 24/7 or a millenium down the road you can interchange magazines... So your millenium can now have the same capacity as your 845.....

I have handled this gun at my place of employment, and I would love the chance to fire one. Not that I need another full size .45 of course. I like the safety/decocker on this and other Tauruses with external hammers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back