Taurus 709 "Slim" info....

joatesiii

Hello all...just a courtesy note to let you know that I have recently purchased 2 of these handguns. Both were defective...on one the trigger would not engage under any circumstance; it just pulled to the rear without anything happening. On the other, the trigger would engage intermittently when the magazine was not in the pistol. When I put rounds in the magazine and inserted the magazine into the pistol and attempted to fire, I could only get the trigger to engage one time...and on that one time, it was a light strike so the round did not fire. I am sure some people have a great experience with their "Slim" but that is not my experience. Both are going back...I believe that a firearm should work like a Bic pen...first time, every time. I cannot sell this model to someone in good conscience. 2 out of 2 is a 100% failure rate to me.

Hello all...just a courtesy note to let you know that I have recently purchased 2 of these handguns. Both were defective...on one the trigger would not engage under any circumstance; it just pulled to the rear without anything happening. On the other, the trigger would engage intermittently when the magazine was not in the pistol. When I put rounds in the magazine and inserted the magazine into the pistol and attempted to fire, I could only get the trigger to engage one time...and on that one time, it was a light strike so the round did not fire. I am sure some people have a great experience with their "Slim" but that is not my experience. Both are going back...I believe that a firearm should work like a Bic pen...first time, every time. I cannot sell this model to someone in good conscience. 2 out of 2 is a 100% failure rate to me.

I Own A Taurus 709 Slim And Have Never Had Any Trouble With It firing. I Have Only Used One Box Of Ammo On Three Occasions (One Was To Qualify For My Permit), But Never Had A Bad Experience. i Believe I Will Put It To The Test next Time Out Though. Like You, I Want To Feel Confident With Something I Stake My Life On. Thanks For The Heads Up.

I presently own the 709 Slim. I have run at least 300 rounds and so far no jams or other issues. I believe the manual states that you can only use high quality ammunition with it. What are you using for ammo? 2 out of 2 failures does sound weird.

My daughter has a 709 Slim. She has put about 700 rounds through it with zero problems. I'm not too fond of the long trigger pull but she really likes it.

Yeah, I gotta agree with the responses. My 709 is very reliable. No mechanical issues, although there is a definite "break-in" period. But well beyond that, I haven't had any issues with it.

To the OP, sorry you're experiencing this - but there is a lifetime warranty, and if you just purchased new, you won't even have to pay for shipping. Send them in and get them fixed. This really is a good concealable, and worth the effort of having Taurus repair/replace them.

This was my first pistol purchase.I had the recoil spring break on me while firing it! Called up Taurus (which customer service sucks) was told to send it in and cost me $$$$.Or I can purchase new recoil spring.That was my last Taurus purchase and is now a glove compartment gun!

Last week I purchased a used PT709 which had been purchased new back in April. 50 rounds down the pipe by the original owner and another 100 by me last weekend with no problems. Interesting to me, the double-action trigger pull, which you usually only experience when dry firing, is smoother and feels lighter than the single-action trigger pull. No problems getting on target. Good feel (it came with Pearce grip extensions on both the magazines) and I like the availability of the thumb safety if I want to use it.

Taurus is kind of hit and miss. Some of their guns never have issues and others have continuous problems. A gunsmith gave me some very good advice. Pay a little more for a more reliable, higher quality firearm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back