SW model 29 too scary for conceal carry?

Weird question but I have a sw 29 and a 1911. I was thinking of using the sw 29 (dirty harry gun) for home defense sometimes but my friend said it would look pretty bad in a trial. Not Sure about how trials usually go but I could see why a big 44 mag would look bad, just from a visual and media standpoint. Any thoughts? For example would it look sooooo much worse in a trial to use the model29 over my 1911?

Dirty Hairy admitted to using 44special lite ammo. I wouldn’t recommend that for self defense but it would be better than a lot of other choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not matter. The lawyer on the other side is going to try to make you look like a villain, regardless of the gun you use:
Was there a REALLY lethal threat?
Have you always been fascinated with guns and killing?
Did you really have to shoot?
Why did you shoot him so many times?
How are his mother, wife, child(ren) going to get along after you killed their child, spouse, parent?

I wouldn’t recommend that for self defense but it would be better than a lot of other choices.

Why not? Do you think a .45acp revolver isn't suitable? They're pretty much the same.

A 4" M29-2 loaded with Gold Dot 200gr. .44 Specials is one of my home defense guns. What exactly is inadequate about it?

N frame Smiths are hard to hide and that's the biggest draw back. Like Deanimator said, with the right load, it would do fine.

The 1911 is thinner and easier to conceal but any firearm can be concealed if you "dress around the gun". You aren't going to have any more of a problem defending using that 29 in court than you would a .22 if you kill someone with it. If that were to happen, a good lawyer with experience in self defense cases will be most important.

I would defend myself with the gun I was carrying. If that was a 29 it would be because I did not have a better option for me at the time, not that the 29 is a bad option, just heavy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back