Suggested sling for AK

Nicholas A.

I have recently gotten a WASR-10 AK. The gun has come with a sling of some sort, I've yet to fully check my rifle as of yet due to the oh so wonderful state needing time to check the serial number or whatever they do. My question is what are some suggested slings either single or two point slings? I'm sure the sling that has come with the gun is a two point sling. I'm not sure if the makes any difference or not with things but there is a collapsible stock, as well as laser sight and a flashlight on the front quad rail and a foregrip. I'm not sure if that will make things better for a single point sling or it doesn't make much of a difference.

Depends what you plan to use the weapon for and what tactical setup you'll have... if you'll have one.

Me, I like the Cobra Condor Single-Point sling for my rig... It allows a lot of movement/freedom, as well as the ability to switch to lefty. Switching to lefty is important b/c cover may not always allow for right-handed shooting and you may have an injury of some kind preventing traditional firing.

However, a single-point might not work for every platform you have... I have a traditional two-point on my SKS, M1 Garand, M1 Thompson and M1 Carbines. I find that usually a single-point works well with shorter long-guns, like an AK or AR. It'd be a bit foolish to use one on full length Battle Rifle, IMO. If I had a full length FAL or HK91, I'd use a traditional two-point.

Either way, just try them both out and decide what you like best. Also, congrats on the WASR 10... is it the 10 or 10/63? Anyway, unless you got a lemon... that baby should out shoot you and still function 100% for your kids. I love AKs...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back