Stuck slide

Mc1100Aero

I bought a sigma 9mm and disassembled and cleaned shipping oil from it, oiled with gun oil reassembled, loaded, racked a round and now slide won't move. Removed magazine and still won't move. Round still in chamber. Gun never fired. Any ideas?:fie:

Have you tried taking it outdoors and firing it into the ground in a safe and legal area. May be all you need to do.

You can try removing the slide cover plate and then the firing pin. Once when breaking down my SA XDS I messed up the assembly. Same issue with the slide being locked. I removed the striker plate and striker and that allowed the slide to release

!!! I highly advise against firing the gun !!! You do not know what's wrong with it. If you got a round stuck in the chamber, there is a potential for a kaBOOM!

If you feel comfortable disassembling a gun with a round in the chamber and you can move the slide out of battery, then move the slide out of battery and remove the slide back plate using a screwdriver while pointing the gun in a safe direction and staying away from the trigger. Also, no body part goes in front of the barrel! Once the slide back plate comes off, you should be able to move the slide again. Be careful when removing the slide back plate, as the springs may fly out. See: http://youtu.be/O7ws0gAQlpY?t=55s.

Otherwise, ask a gunsmith. Transport the gun in a holster!!!

I'm not sure if it's a wise thing to do. I'm sure bullet would leave barrel but not sure what would happen to gun/hand.

It isn't Makarov ammo, is it? Just thought I'd ask the obvious...9mm reloads? Could be a burr on the feed ramp? Noticed the slide is not properly aligned with the polymer on both sides of the gun? If not, slide wasn't aligned properly when reassembled. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

If it isn't, and you don't have any success with how far your experience takes you, and want to take it to a smith, call him first. Don't take it in before you call.

Treat that muzzle like a ticking time bomb and keep it pointed in a safe direction until you fix it, as noted before.

Taking it to a gunsmith is the best suggestion yet. I'm sure this is not the first time someone has jammed a slide.

R1derbike, I don't deal with cheap or reload ammo. Very unreliable and unsafe. I'm using spear gold dot or hornady. Will try what bofh posted and hopefully that'll do it. Feel ok with round in chamber due to military service but things can still go wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back