Store/Range/Instruction Suggestions

Babarock

My brother-in-law, who lives in Auburn, has seen the light and realized that he at least needs to have a shotgun for home defense. I'll continue working on him to go further as I can.

In the meantime, as I live in GA, I would appreciate recommendations on stores when he can buy a 870 and be treated gently as a newbie, where he can get instruction (there is only so much I can do in the week he will be here), and a range where he can get in practice time.

If you know of a great location that can do all three, that would be great.

Thanks

no problem. if it was auburn MA i would have had suggestions, but that's the wrong side of the country :biggrin:

I would suggest the Puyallup Gun Show if you're there during that time(May 14-15), but there's no way to guarantee nice treatment like a newbie at a big show like that. Besides, you'd have to hunt for the gun. That may appeal to some folks, but not everyone wants to walk around for hours to find the best deal in the house. Plus, he'd have to become a member before he could buy a gun there which could possibly take some of the savings from buying there. Though, if he starts liking guns, the membership is cheap entertainment(if he can keep himself from buying one every trip!)

The following search gives "gun shop near auburn, wa" :
Link Removed

Phone calls are pretty cheap these days. I'd recommend giving some of them a ring and ask some newbie questions to see if they might meet the standard you're looking for(or at least seem friendly enough visit while you're with your brother).

Adding the search "Gun range near auburn, wa" because most gun shops aren't gun ranges at the same time(at least not shotgun capable ones).

Link Removed

(Unfortunately, the top result is for Bull's Eye Tacoma. It's not a place I liked visiting, plus it's the shady place where the DC sniper got his gun. I heard they changed owners, but that it hasn't made it any better.)

Here are a couple of places I go.

For gun sales and range time Champion Arms 18801 East Valley Highway Kent, WA 98032-1219 (253) 872-0444
For gun sales Ben's Loan 1005 South 2nd Street Renton, WA 98057-2115 (425) 255-3638 I have bought here and prices seem fair.
For gun sales Federal Way Discount Guns 33120 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way, WA 98003 (253) 927-5229

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back