Stiff as Hell

ITCH

The other day ago i picked up a new Bersa Thunder 380 pistol. Well i have ran a total of 400 rounds threw this gun and this thing is still stiff as all get out. I own many guns and during my life time have shot just about everything but i have never seen a gun like this. I just don't know what else to do about this gun as far as break in. I cleaned it before i shot the 400 rounds and i mean everything on this little pistol is tight as hell. Just sharing some information.

Love the gun even though it is stiff

New Bersa Thunder 380 pistol
Black Hawk Holster
Two 7 round magazines
Total Cost $200 bucks Deal

Are you talking about racking it? I keep new ones stored with the slide locked back for a few days. Seems to help. Not recommended for long term storage of course.

Bersa 380 is an awesome weapon, and there are a couple of things you can check on it. The barrel spring is the most important of these checks. (read on)
I've found that the best way to clean a Bersa the first time, is to field strip it, remove the grips, and submerge the metal parts in a can of kerosene (charcoal lighter fluid) for about 3 or 4 hours. Then blow it out really well with an air nozzle. Make sure you don't blow away any little e clips. Put it back together, re-install the grips. Check our BersaChat Link Removed
to make sure you don't overtighten the right grip screw.
Something else, when you put it back together: Check the barrel spring. It has different sized ends. The tightest end goes on the barrel first. Try it both ways, and you'll see. Then, when you put the tightest end of the spring on the barrel, rotate the spring so that the end of the twist is at the top at the other end. I'll try to say that a little different. Put the tight end on the barrel, and then rotate the spring so that the very end of the spring (the end that is hanging off of the barrel) is at the top.
The safety needs to be worked until it gets where it operates more smoothly. And it will, in short time.
Hope this helps some.
All

As a Bersa owner I knew instantly that this post was about the thunder. Haha! great gun but you're right things are pretty stiff to begin with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back