CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Steyr Pistols

Danno

Anyone have any range time with a Steyr? I like the S-A1 in the .40 flavor, but have not had a chance to get my hands on one - much less shoot one.
Link Removed

Any input would be helpful!

thanks!

Anyone have any range time with a Steyr? I like the S-A1 in the .40 flavor, but have not had a chance to get my hands on one - much less shoot one.
Link Removed

Any input would be helpful!

thanks!

I put my hands on one about this time last year at a gun show. It felt like a great-handling piece. I loved it. It had one of those "complete the pyramid" type sight, rather than your standard pistol sight. It was very comfortable. Also less than $600 if I remember correctly. Only drawback I can figure is that there probably aren't that many accessories for it, like holsters, etc.

I realize this is an old thread, but for anyone interested in Styer's pistols check out Steyr Club. There are a number of holsters for the MA-1 series as well as the older M and compact S series. There are also a couple of replacement sights for it if you don't like the trap sights and one of the members there makes steel guide rods for them as well.

I checked one out at a local gun shop. Those pyramid sights are bizarre. I'd have to spend some time on the range just to see if I could adapt to them. The gun seemed like it was built solidly.

Email