State Police...

I can't help but wonder... how do the NYS police feel about being nominated as the chief enforcers of these new regulations. I know a couple officers on a casual basis, and they are very pro gun. It has been my experience at least, that the couple officers I know have even went as far as facebook postings, stating that our gun laws are strict enough and the problem lies elsewhere. I have also heard recently that MANY area law enforcement officers plan on participating in the peaceful protests being planned for Saturday. Any opinions?

I find the same attitude among the troopers I know around here. Most, if not all the local police are gun guys also, and don't think much of these latest laws. I plan on being out peacefully protesting Saturday afternoon myself.

Problem with NY State Police is that their leaders are BIG TIME in bed with Albany!!! Rank and file may be with us but I suspect they would face harsh recriminations for publicly supporting gun rights! Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong!

And the fact that the way the current law is written ALL law enforcement has to obey the law as well or they are in fact BREAKING THE LAW, lol That's what happens when you rush laws through and don't use your fricking brain! Not that any ban law uses any amount of brain activity, but still! They are trying to figure out how to change it.

LEO friends claim they have no intention of arresting a law abiding citizen with ten rounds in a carry gun. They're mad that the legislation didn't exempt retired officers carrying under HR218. They feel insulted.

LEO friends claim they have no intention of arresting a law abiding citizen with ten rounds in a carry gun. They're mad that the legislation didn't exempt retired officers carrying under HR218. They feel insulted.

And that's probably where they draw the line. Just like in MA and CT, as long as they themselves still can, then why worry about anybody else?

And the fact that the way the current law is written ALL law enforcement has to obey the law as well or they are in fact BREAKING THE LAW, lol That's what happens when you rush laws through and don't use your fricking brain! Not that any ban law uses any amount of brain activity, but still! They are trying to figure out how to change it.

I'll guarantee that was not a "mistake"!! I'm sure they expect resistance and put that in the try to force compliance. I also suspect that the state will retaliate against any jurisdiction where the LEO's don't "cooperate". The state can de-certify the police force and withhold state funding.

This is what a buddy of mine sent me.

While in Medford last evening WEDNESDAY, I was informed that two incidents occurred at local outdoor public ranges where people had been using handgun magazines loaded with more than 7 rounds and LE undercover officials confiscated their magazines and weapons.

And that's probably where they draw the line. Just like in MA and CT, as long as they themselves still can, then why worry about anybody else?
I don't think you understand. They WON'T arrest those holding more than seven rounds.

I don't think you understand. They WON'T arrest those holding more than seven rounds.
I am referring to the below statement.
BC1 said:
They're mad that the legislation didn't exempt retired officers carrying under HR218. They feel insulted.

Cuomo will likely grandfather them in and all will be well in their eyes. That's why NY cops refer to themselves as "finest." They think they are better than you and will not complain as long as they receive more privelages than you.

I am referring to the below statement.

Cuomo will likely grandfather them in and all will be well in their eyes. That's why NY cops refer to themselves as "finest." They think they are better than you and will not complain as long as they receive more privelages than you.
It is NYC cops that refer to themselves as NY's finest.
The legislature will change the wording to exempt police officers. But this did not apply to NYC cops, only upstate NY. NYC has codified it's own laws into the state penal law long ago. And upstate NY cops are no different than FL cops or OH cops or NV cops. You cannot catagorize all cops in a certain state as the same. Does that include Jerkwater, NY? Does it end at the state line or extend into PA, VT, CT? What about cops that live out of state and commute into NY? People unfamiliar with NYS have a distorted view of the rural nature of the state. North of NYC you find common folks with mainly republican views. Unfortunately they are disenfranchised by 40% of the state living in NYC, thus controlling the votes. I have sefveral LEO teaching. They will not waste their time on legal gun owners' mag capacity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back