SR40c Trigger Pull and Accuracy?

CRAZYISH

i just got a SR40c any input on the gun
trigger pull ,accuracy etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You can answer those questions yourself. Just take it to the range!

that would be nice but in ny i have to wait for the ok from the judge then i have to add the gun to my license and the gun range opens in april 14 so to answer ur ? right now i cant

It's going to be a little stiff at first, but smooths out as you put rounds through it. Really like mine a lot. Get some snap caps and work on your technique. It will help loosen it up a little. When your range opens up, put 300 rounds through it and you should feel a difference. It's going to be as accurate as you are.

I have a SR40C that i carry 24/7. Its about as accurate as i can shoot it..I would say on average 3" groups at 20 yards is normal for me..One thing you will notice is that you cant drop the mag untill you lock the slide back..Just oppsite of the 1911 i have.Also if you load one in the pipe you cant fire the gun untill the mag is inserted..You can go to You Tube and see how to remove the mag disconect so you can fire with just one in the pipe with out the mag in..It also will help with stoping some light strikes on the primer..All i can say is i like my SR40C and have no plans to sell it anytime soon..JMO

that would be nice but in ny i have to wait for the ok from the judge then i have to add the gun to my license and the gun range opens in april 14 so to answer ur ? right now i cant

Well then...as with all new guns, you will need to run a couple hundred rounds through it to loosen things up and to get a good feel on it. For a compact, the accuracy is good once your comfy with the fit, trigger pull and sight picture. You can easily put good 2 to 3" groups at 25 yards. You'll really earn to appreciate the gun as you put more range time in with it and you'll be very happy with your purchases in short order.

nice i cant wait now about a inside the pants holster any suggestions im lookin at the black hawk size 06

I have a SR40C that i carry 24/7. Its about as accurate as i can shoot it..I would say on average 3" groups at 20 yards is normal for me..One thing you will notice is that you cant drop the mag untill you lock the slide back..Just oppsite of the 1911 i have.Also if you load one in the pipe you cant fire the gun untill the mag is inserted..You can go to You Tube and see how to remove the mag disconect so you can fire with just one in the pipe with out the mag in..It also will help with stoping some light strikes on the primer..All i can say is i like my SR40C and have no plans to sell it anytime soon..JMO

As soon as I read your post, I went "Huh...?" Then pulled out my SR40c. Unless I am reading this wrong, you are saying that you cannot remove (drop) the magazine unless the slide is locked back. Took mine loaded, with the safety on, and dropped it. Unloaded it and dropped it as well. In both cases, the magazine dropped by simply pushing the magazine release. The slide was forward in both cases. You might want to look into why yours does not. The rest of your post is spot as I far as I know. Have never had a light strike with my SR9c or my SR40c. My apologies in advance if I misunderstood your post.

As soon as I read your post, I went "Huh...?" Then pulled out my SR40c. Unless I am reading this wrong, you are saying that you cannot remove (drop) the magazine unless the slide is locked back. Took mine loaded, with the safety on, and dropped it. Unloaded it and dropped it as well. In both cases, the magazine dropped by simply pushing the magazine release. The slide was forward in both cases. You might want to look into why yours does not. The rest of your post is spot as I far as I know. Have never had a light strike with my SR9c or my SR40c. My apologies in advance if I misunderstood your post.

NO you read it right,I cant drop the mag unless the slide is locked back.I just thought they all were that way. I guess i need to call Ruger and see whats up with that.

i finally got my gun sr40c and i can take out the mag with no problem now all i need is to shoot this beast and see how it shoots :cool:

Ok here's the deal with my SR40c and the mag release.With a loaded mag inserted there is enough downward presure on the mag with the top round pressing against the bottom of the slide that you cant drop the mag. If the slide is open then there is no downward presure on the mag and it ejects just fine. If i put upward presure on the bottom of the the loaded mag then the mag release will work fine. If i use the flat base instead of the optional base for your pinky finger then it works fine..So thank you SR40C for pointing out the problem was me and not so much the 40c and the mag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back