Springfield XDS for CC -=- Opinions?

Rudy Rudeger

I'm looking to get a Springfield XDS 9mm as my first CC. I've read mixed reviews on it, so I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with it.
I particularly like the Double Safety system that you only have to grip properly to disable.
I've seen several vids of people shooting themselves when they remove their weapon from their holster and it accidently releases the safety...
And I'm thinking about getting one of those lasers with a forward switch, so as I grip the weapon, not only do I release the safety, but I turn on the laser.
After all, when someone is attacking you, you don't have time to push a button on the side of the gun at the end of the barrel.

For a holster, I'm also looking at the 5.11 CC Holster Shirt.
<http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Concealed-Carry/Holster-Shirt.html>
I think it will do well since I don't want to stick a gun down the front of my pants, and I don't do well with something in the back either....
This gets it out of my pants and into a shirt, that looks like it has a good suspension system.

What do you think?

I carry the xds 9mm. Love it! Shoots great and is easily concealed. I am skinny so finding a gun that didn't stick out was important to me. I highly suggest it.

Just started carrying the XDs 45 and find it just as easy to conceal as the Beretta Nano I have been carrying. I am not skinny, 5' 11" and 240 , carrying at 3-4 o'clock with a un-tucked shirt works fine for me.

Look at the Ruger SR9c (or SR40c) first. I did and I'm glad I went with the SR40c. Can't beat the price point either.

I think the XDS 9 or 45 are great weapons. I've seen these shirts at some of the tactical shops in Vegas. I'm not sure how quick I would be able to draw my weapon out from under another shirt. I've never tried one out but to me it looks time consuming. It's just my opinion and as with any type of holster this would take practice.

I have the XDs .45 and have about 1100+ rds in it and love it like some have said these gun can conceal well, one of the rule is to keep your finger off of the trigger until you ready to destroy what you aiming at. Do forget to clean it and oil it good because the oil is not what you want to use on it. Congrats on you new XDs and don't forget to let us know how you like it and once you get a few round through it you will love it even more.

Just got one a month ago myself but I haven't carried yet looking for the right holster for it. I plan to carry it soon, it shoots really well and very controllable. I am surprised how well it shoots and handles for a small .45 and blows my Kel Tec PF9 away. Well now someone else's PF9 I traded it in for the XDS. Just didn't feel comfortable with the PF9.

Have both the 9mm and 45ACP... conceal well, shoot well, very manageable recoil for their size (SA definitely got it right), and can easily carry a couple extra mags and not feel weighed down. Use an alien gear IWB holster (have used Old faithful in the past) and forget I'm carrying most of the time. Can't comment on the shirt or laser accessories.

I have a pair of XDS'S. I put the pinkie finger extension from Pearce on all of my 5 round magaxines and now they are just fine.

I cannot think of a better pistol to conceal carry. Of course there are comparable models out there. I love shooting it, I love love carrying it, and I love cleaning it. So simple to strip. I have never tried a shirt holster but I found that the Remora Clipless Original (with sweatshield) worn at 4:30 or so was perfect for carrying completely concealed even with a somewhat tight fitting t-shirt. Get the 7 round extended mag to carry as a back up but remember to remove and throw away the plastic grip extension that comes with it. completely worthless IMO. Happy buying!

Forgot to mention it, but as above, the Pearce extensions are a must have for me. Hate having my pinky hanging in the breeze or tucked under the mag baseplate. In contrast, I do like the plastic X-tensions... makes for a full grip. Prefer that to the transition of grip to steel.

Just got one a month ago myself but I haven't carried yet looking for the right holster for it. I plan to carry it soon, it shoots really well and very controllable. I am surprised how well it shoots and handles for a small .45 and blows my Kel Tec PF9 away. Well now someone else's PF9 I traded it in for the XDS. Just didn't feel comfortable with the PF9.

I wrote a review on the Remora Clipless Original holster a while back. Consider trying one and even if you do not like it you will only be out $25. In the meantime you will have a carry system that works while you continue looking for the right holster for you. I'm considering one of these: Link Removed

I wrote a review on the Remora Clipless Original holster a while back. Consider trying one and even if you do not like it you will only be out $25. In the meantime you will have a carry system that works while you continue looking for the right holster for you. I'm considering one of these: Link Removed

Thanks I will look into the Remora but, I don't like IWB's just not comfortable. I have a crossbreed supertuck IWB one of the first holsters I bought for my Glock 19 and I hate it. All the reviews were positive and is the most popular holster on USA Carry with no one even close to it. I now have a Blackhawk Serpa paddle for my G19 now and love it. I really like the paddles that is what I want for my XDS just haven't found one yet. Can't make my mind up looking at a few but, they are expensive. Don't mind paying the money but want it to work and not sit in the holster pile.

Have some meprolight sights (green rears, front orange) on my XD-S .45. Also clip-on removable LED light on the rail. Carries well, either in my Nate's Custom Holsters OWB, or Nate Squared Pro IWB holster.

Being heavier, and using a smaller cartridge, I bet the 9 is more controllable than the .45. I have no trouble controlling the .45, but it is not for everyone.

I always tell XD-S users to rack it like a man, and manhandle it when shooting it, and it won't disappoint.

XDs9 is a great little gun, shoots great (500+ rounds to date) and easily concealed, especially with lighter summer clothing.

Thanks I will look into the Remora but, I don't like IWB's just not comfortable. I have a crossbreed supertuck IWB one of the first holsters I bought for my Glock 19 and I hate it. All the reviews were positive and is the most popular holster on USA Carry with no one even close to it. I now have a Blackhawk Serpa paddle for my G19 now and love it. I really like the paddles that is what I want for my XDS just haven't found one yet. Can't make my mind up looking at a few but, they are expensive. Don't mind paying the money but want it to work and not sit in the holster pile.

Until then, probably a stupid question, but have you tried the included XD gear paddle holster? It's not the best, and there's no SERPA-like active retention system, but it should work until you find one more suited to your liking.

I wanted a XDS 45 since I saw one last year around Thanksgiving. They were flying off the shelf and hard to find. I brought mine in December 549 tax and all out the door. I love this weapon and have shot 1000 rounds of all diffent mfd with no issues. I think most people that have issues limp wrist the weapon. You have to keep a good hold on the pistol grip safety. This may sound stupid to people like me but this is also a weapon that you want to keep clean and rails lubed lightly. I always keep my guns clean so never a issue with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using USA Carry mobile app

I carry the Ruger P345 IWB & as long as I wear my shirt tail out it never prints. Just bought my wife a new aurus P111G2 in 9mm, nice little gun kinda small for my big hands but fits hers nicely.

We have an XDS 45 and love it. It had a bit of a break in period to work out some kinks, but since then, it hasn't had a single hiccup. It is extremely easy to conceal. We can both wear it OWB and conceal it. :) It's not my primary carry, but I trust it (now).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back