Springfield XD 45 cal 4" compact or Beretta Px4 Storm 40 cal 3.8" compact

paulm667

I am looking into a new firearm and wanted to get some input/opinion on the Springfield XD 45 cal 4" compact vs the Beretta Px4 Storm 40 cal 3.8" compact. My wife has the Storm 9mm and I have the Beretta 92 9mm presently. So, yes, I am partial to Beretta. However, I also am open to branching out. We also have firearms from other mfg's, but not Springfield. I have heard great things about both the XD 45 and the Storm 40. I recently shot the XDM 40. However, its a bit more pricey compared to the XD 45. Checking online, the XD 45 and the Storm 40 are fairly close in terms of price. So now, I am reaching out to fellow firearms owners for some input.
Thanks in advance, Paul

I've not shot the PX4Storm Compact in .40. I have one in 9mm. The compact can be concealed carried, no tight clothes. I like the handling of the storm, and the safty aspects.

How does one compare a .45 ACP to a .40 S&W? They are very much different ballistics. Go with the caliber you want to shoot.

I have the PX4 Storm Type-F (SA/DA) in .40. It's easily concealed, even under a suit. Very accurate, well built gun. I like the de-cock/safety feature. Given the choice the Beretta wins hands-down.

I have fired both a 40 and a 45. It is more the firearm that I am interested in getting opinions on. Between my wife and I, we have several Berettas. However, we have never owned a Springfield. So, I am tossed up, not so much on the caliber, but rather on the brand/model.

My daughter has a Storm and my son has an XD-45. There are a number of differences between them, but, both are very good choices. Personally, I am not a big DA trigger fan but I liked the Springfield trigger better.

Just my $0.02

John

I own both like them both but for ccw it is the springfield as it is a bit easyer.

I own a storm subcompact 9mm. While it is a 5 star gun in most every way, from an armorer standpoint, it is a complex machine that i could see being a problem child in certain situations. It is a gentlemans gun, not a SHTF gun. If life were an old west movie, it would be the gamblers gun in the high dollar saloon, not the dusty dirty trail hands gun that brought the cattle drive to town 500 miles.

Thank you all for your input. I will have to give everything some thought before my purchase. Happy New Year to all of you. Best for a healthy, happy and prosperous year.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back