Springfield TRP or Para Ordnance Black Ops: Which to choose?

CLM1911

I have been looking to get a 1911 for awhile now. I have narrowed my choices to the Springfield TRP or Para's new Black Ops 1911 model. I wanted to know if anyone has experience with either one of these weapons, and possibly impart some knowledge that will help me make my final choice.

Thank you,
Charles

I have a TRP (bull barrel & rail) and absolutely love it. It is tack driver and has been extremely reliable right out of the box.

I looked into both of these guns as well. From what I understand, both of these firearms are very good. After some consideration I decided on the Para Ordnance Black ops. Among other features of this 1911, I am interested in the high capacity version. I had an opportunity to handle one at the 2012 SHOT Show. And surprisingly the grip is comfortable in my hand. A .45 Glock feels uncomfortably big for me, but the Para double stack seems just a little wider than the single stack version and fit my hand very well. Check out the Black Ops if you get a chance. With all that being said, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I have a TRP Full Rail and it is so nice and balanced. I also have a Para P14 which is also very nice. The TRP is heavier thus the recoil and the back on target time is excellent.

Both are awesome. I imagine the P14 would be much the same as the Black Ops with the Black Ops being a little more custom.

Whatever you choose, you've picked two winners.

KK

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back