Springfield EMP .40

Drzzit

Waiting to get My new EMP .40 from the store , and never having a 1911 style pistol, I was looking for some feedback (good or bad) on this gun. Been watching videos and reading online about failures to feed and failures to eject and what I might possibly do to avert these problems. Thanks in advance.

FTE and FTF issues in 1911s are usually due to poor grip and/or poor follow through. You have to have good fundamentals to use a 1911. They will show any weakness you may have. Once you get used to them, they will become your platform of choice. I don't know a single person that bought their first 1911 and didn't end up with several.

FTE and FTF issues in 1911s are usually due to poor grip and/or poor follow through. You have to have good fundamentals to use a 1911. They will show any weakness you may have. Once you get used to them, they will become your platform of choice. I don't know a single person that bought their first 1911 and didn't end up with several.

A big +1 on everthing you said, to bad the nice ones cost so much

I have the EMP 40, it's my go-to carry gun. Can't say I'm a model for good shooting technique, but I've not had any FTF/FTE issues and have shot numerous loads from cheap UMC ball ammo to LE only Federal HSTs. Love the pistol, it's certainly more accurate than I am, and 100% reliable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back