Springfield Armory XDm

I just wanted to get everyone's input on this weapon. I just got my carry permit in Iowa, I been a gun owner for many years. I'm 6-1 250lbs. ( a big guy) so I have chosen a full frame for my ccw. I'll going to get it mid- june.
Thanks for ANY input.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

What exactly are you wanting to know?

It's a fine weapon in any of the calibers or size you chose. Very accurate and reliable.

I had one, got rid of it, too heavy for daily carry. It shoots. Main thing is do YOU like it? If you like it, like the way it feels, the weight loaded then go for it. It will go bang everytime!

I'm a little bigger then the OP. I carry the XDm .40 3.8, and find this not bad for the winter time. However, I am looking for something smaller and lighter for summer carry.

I do like my XDm, accurate and will fire anything I put into the chamber. Overall, not a bad handgun just a little heavy.

What does this mean?

so I have chosen a full frame for my ccw.

I don't even know what that means. Do you have to SPECIFY what kind of gun you're going to carry and you can ONLY carry that kind?

I have and carry two regular XDs and have found them easy to shoot and utterly, utterly reliable. I now have about 1.5K rounds thru them and yet have to experience and problem at all period. Personally I would go with a regular XD and save the difference for equipment and ammo. The normal XD is already a great gun to begin with, the XDM in my humble opinion is just putting an extra cherry or two on top.

I have a XDm 40 4.5 inch barrel and I carry it in a Crossbreed holster with a combat cut and I love it. When I'm wearing something that makes it hard to conceal ( the handgrip sticks out the back) I carry my M&P in a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba Holster which I absolutely love even more than my Crossbreed! Link Removed
I'm 6' 192lbs.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I absolutely love carrying my XDm even though it is heavy and quite large. I also love shooting with it and I compete in IDPA with it. I would like to purchase the new XDm compact 40 as soon as I can find it in bitone black and SS! :)

I don't even know what that means. Do you have to SPECIFY what kind of gun you're going to carry and you can ONLY carry that kind?

no i dont have to specify what kind of gun i wish to carry/ no i can carry whatever i want. LEO's just prefer that it is concealed. I live in the great state of IOWA.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I absolutely love carrying my XDm even though it is heavy and quite large. I also love shooting with it and I compete in IDPA with it. I would like to purchase the new XDm compact 40 as soon as I can find it in bitone black and SS! :)

I'm looking at black/o.d. green .40

I have both and XD and an XDm in 45ACP and I love them both! I am a die hard 1911 guy but since I had an "in" with Springfield and got them both for a very good price and they fit my hands better than Glocks I just had to add them to the Family :smile:

I own, use and love my XDm 40cal 4.5" firearm.

It is my everyday handgun since day one of getting my CCW.

I started with an IWB holster, but found an OWB holster (Highnoon Slide Guard) more comfortable.

Why do I like Springfield's as an everyday carry gun:

1) Grip safety (just like 1911 style guns)

2) Trigger safety (like a Glock)

3) Round in Chamber indicator (can see and feel indication)

4) Slide in "battery" indicator (visual and feel indication)

This gun is safe and reliable and with two safeties (no manual safety's) to get in the way when second's count!!!

Springfield has a no questions, no cost to the consumer C/S return policy if you need to send it back to them for the life of the firearm... this is worth a lot as well!!!

This gun is a great gun to shoot at the range all day and will not "beat up" your hand... and is very dependable and accurate. I chose the 40cal since it is what I shoot well and is what the FBI carries and is a nice performance mix of stopping power and magazine capacity. My 40cal holds 16+1... which is more than enough for me!!!

Good luck,

the XD 9 and XDM 40 are my BUG's the HK USP .45 is the primary, full sized guns are not hard to conceal, mine is in my strong side pancake.

I carry the XDm .40 compact 3.8 inch, or I carry the XD 9mm sub compact. Have carried a lot of different weapons and these are my favorite. With your size you won't have to worry about concealment and with the right holster weight does not really matter much. They will eat ANYTHING you feed them. Super reliable and the XDm comes with accessories to taylor it to your own grip. Every bit as good as my Glocks and cheaper to boot. I think they just raised the bar with these pistols. Very impressed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back