Springfield Armory XDM .40 Carry

KCD1974

I see that there are a large number of people here that carry the XDM .40. Which one do you carry 3.8 or the full size? I'm VERY interested in this firearm and what good carry holsters there may be for it, I'd like to have a light/laser combo at some point. Do you go OWB or IWB?

I'm also thinking about holding out for the XDM .40 compact, they have the 9mm version so I wouldn't think it would be too long before the .40 comes out. Then I get the best of both!

Thank you for the feed back.

I carry the 4.5 mostly Inside in a Crossbreed and sometime outside in a blackhawk serpa. I can't wait to pick up the new XDm compact also!

I carry the 3.8 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. The CB is very comfortable with the size (weight) of the magazine. Would consider a .40 compact if made available.

I'm interested in this handgun as well. I keep going back and forth between the 3.8 and 4.5; can't really make up my mind. What factors contributed to your choosing one over the other?

I intend to carry OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I've read that the Serpa for the XD 40 will also accept an XDm 40, but it's not been clear on if that's the 3.8 or 4.5.

I'm interested in this handgun as well. I keep going back and forth between the 3.8 and 4.5; can't really make up my mind. What factors contributed to your choosing one over the other?

I intend to carry OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I've read that the Serpa for the XD 40 will also accept an XDm 40, but it's not been clear on if that's the 3.8 or 4.5.

I went with the 4.5 for better accuracy. The barrel is the easy part to conceal. :) The Serpa will work for any XD or XDm. I use one when I carry OWB.

I carry outside at 3oclock. I have an XDM 9 3.8. It sits in my serpa very nice, and doesn't go past the bottom of the holster, so it "Sits Higher" than the longer version. I'd wait for the 3.8 compact to come out, since you get the short grip, and the ability to have the full size grip.

I carry outside at 3oclock. I have an XDM 9 3.8. It sits in my serpa very nice, and doesn't go past the bottom of the holster, so it "Sits Higher" than the longer version. I'd wait for the 3.8 compact to come out, since you get the short grip, and the ability to have the full size grip.

It's available now in both 9mm and .40 I just handled one the other day...VERY nice I'm going to be getting one very soon.

Full Size in a ST Deluxe

Like someone said the barrel is the easy thing to conceal. So, if you're want to carry the XDM, it might as well be one that could give you the edge on accuracy. (Placement beats caliber every time!)

XD .40 SC, 3 inch. I can outshoot about anyone I know with any handgun or caliber. If I had to give up all my weapons and just keep one, it would be the XD Subcompact I kept. Sigs, rugers, Karr would all be history. As far as I am concerned, the SC is the best, most reliable hand gun out there.

XD .40 SC, 3 inch. I can outshoot about anyone I know with any handgun or caliber. If I had to give up all my weapons and just keep one, it would be the XD Subcompact I kept. Sigs, rugers, Karr would all be history. As far as I am concerned, the SC is the best, most reliable hand gun out there.

I agree.
I think the XDSC is about is about the best "sub" compact you can buy. But, he was asking about the XD"M".

XD40 full size and like a few others Black hawk serpa BUT i dont like to conceal that holster its my OC weapon/holster. I find my shirt gets in the way if I "conceal" under an untucked shirt. I have a kholster I use with a SW99 40 for CC. Again I'll repeat what others have said I wouldnt get rid of my XD for nothin. I even shoot targets at 25 yards (not feet) no problem and I am by no means a "expert/marksmen"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back