South Dakota Open carry

I was in Burger King with my girlfriend and naturally was open carrying. We finished our dinner and she left to the ladies room and all of a sudden the police pulled into the parking lot and the manager goes out to talk to him. After about two minutes they both enter the place. At this point and for some reason my heart starts racing and like this shot of adrenaline goes through me. I guess i was really nervous and so I just needed to calm down. But all that was just for nothing. The Police officer was there because one of the cars in the drive up lane bumped into the building and ran away. all of this happened like in the eight minutes that the officer was there. soo no encounter just really got nervous

In a sense this is good for you. At some point you will become comfortable with using your right and know that the law is on your side. Next time something like this happens you will hopefully realize this scenario is not necessarily bad and you will be calmer.
This is one of the reasons that all of use that choose to carry must practice. Not only do we need to practice putting holes in paper, but real life scenarios.

I have been carrying openly for a month now but no encounter with LEO. This is the first time even remotely close encounter with an LEO hence the rush. I think next time i will be more calmer because I am sure it will be the real deal. I am trying to give OC a better name for us. As I noted, I was more nervous than excited. I knew my rights and was ready for an encounter but my body reacted by putting adrenaline in me so i was more confused and surprised than worrying about the LEO. :no:

I have been carrying openly for a month now but no encounter with LEO. This is the first time even remotely close encounter with an LEO hence the rush. I think next time i will be more calmer because I am sure it will be the real deal. I am trying to give OC a better name for us. As I noted, I was more nervous than excited. I knew my rights and was ready for an encounter but my body reacted by putting adrenaline in me so i was more confused and surprised than worrying about the LEO. :no:

I felt the same way for the first couple of weeks,then I started to relax about it.Just remember your not doing anything wrong and that usually helps you with that mindset.Then after awile you won`t even think about it.

Still OCing here in South dakota. Have a Couple of groups now Here in the state. Look for Open Carry South Dakota On facebook and join!

Been doing it for awhile in some places, still mostly CC though...guess I really don't want folks knowing I'm carrying.
Haven't had any issues with OC though so far.

I conceal carry 90% of the time but do open carry on occasion when walking the dog and driving to/from work.

Local deputy sheriffs know the law and are very respectful.

Kentucky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back