South Carolina

njsportsman

How hard is it to get a non resident CCW in South Carolina? I have clear sailing from Virginia to Florida with the exception of South Carolina and I will be vacationing in South Carolina this summer. Can you do it online or go locally like I did with my Florida? Thanks in advance.

TIMESHARE!

I happen to have a piece for sale. It's a deeded piece, and I am a full owner of this "piece".

OR, find some investment/rental, or unimproved acreage. If I help you find some, can I have perpetual hunting rights??

GUNSMOAK.com

You must own real property in South Carolina. If you just rent you are out of luck. You need to go through the same class as a resident except you have another form to fill out. This is a form you take to the tax assessor's office where he will confirm you pay real property tax in South Carolina and sign it. It then goes in with your application. You will get a S.C. Non-Resident Concealed Weapons Permit. It is larger than the usual one and does not have your picture on it. Instead it states "Must be accompanied by a non South Carolina drivers license". Good luck.

Where is your resident CWP?? Check the CWP map on this site & you may already be covered in S.C.
I have a S.C. permit & it recipricates with Florida.
I also have a non- resident Utah permit. With my other I am covered in about every state. (Except mostly anti-social states)

(Except mostly anti-social states)

Unfortunately I am from one of those anti social states The Peoples republic of New Jerkistan. I know I need to move and believe me I am counting my time. I am originally from PA and waiting to go back hopefully in a couple of years.

If SC's ConCarry bill passes between now and then you'll be golden! :tongue:

Otherwise, best you could do it store the gun in your vehicle...

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or

According to the reciprocity map if you have resident VA permit your covered. I'll be checking more thoroughly on this as I also have AZ permit that is not recognized by SC. I now live in VA and would like to carry in FL (Also not covered by non res-AZ) and VA will cover it.

You say you already have Florida so you should be covered in SC

Non resident though
If Florida has reciprocity with SC then wouldn't even a non-resident permit apply? I love in SC and I got a non-resident PA so that I could carry in GA. From what I have been told, SC only does not honor states when A) they do not honor ours or B) when their permit process is easier than SC's. I guess they feel if you haven't done at least what they require then you aren't qualified.

I don't agree with CWP's to begin with (even though I got mine), however if they are going to do them, I believe they should allow 2 levels of permits. They should have the current permit system they have now, and for those of us who want to prove ourselves worthy to carry in places such as schools or other gun free zones we should be allowed that chance. No matter how scrutinizing.

SC does not honor permits issued by any state that is issued to non residents of the state the permit is from, they will honor a FLA permit that is issued to a FLA resident.
If you are a FLA resident why would you need a PA permit to carry in GA? GA honors the FLA license to carry concealed

According to the reciprocity map if you have resident VA permit your covered. I'll be checking more thoroughly on this as I also have AZ permit that is not recognized by SC. I now live in VA and would like to carry in FL (Also not covered by non res-AZ) and VA will cover it.

as I've noted SC only honors permits issued to residents of the issuing state

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back